Regarding Spiders

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

thusmark
Peon
Peon

Re: Regarding Spiders

Post by thusmark »

deepthought wrote: A level 60 archer doged all the attacks of the spiders in tulim cave ? That's impossible. Spiders have an accuracy score of 160 and level 60 archer with decent agility of 40 and cat ears would have 93 evasion score. The accuracy score of spider exceeds player's evasion way too much. Which means spider has 95% chance to hit the player which is the maximum. So it's almost impossible to dodge the spider's attacks at level 60. Maybe he can evade 1 attack. Not more than that. Level 60 archer with speed skill may do a little better but he wont be hunting at peace.
Ummm, ... what? I didn't make any such claim. And if you're talking about collecting Witches without getting hit by other mobs, it's not that difficult, though it takes a bit of time to collect them all (nice big map, Cassy :wink:).
deepthought wrote: Range 5 for spiders ? lol. You don't need range 5 for spiders to make it tough for archers. Range 2 will do the trick. I'm telling this because of my experiance in graveyard. In graveyard where skeletons are most powerful, I and also other archers often get killed by lady skeletons. Because of range 2. When 2 lady skeletons attack on me, It's hard not to get hit. With range 2 archers mostly at level 30-50 who are still new to game have it hard to adjust the range 2 of spiders and range 1 of black scorpions.
I think I already gave example countering this:
thusmark wrote: An example would be when testing Cassy's Tulim caves, a level 60 archer collected all Witches and disposed them off without getting hit even once (though I believe this was before the numbers were increased).
Lady Skeletons have range 2, but even around 4 (at least, don't remember exact number) Undead Witches with range 3 are no problem for a level 60 archer, pretty easy to stay out of their range. Range of 2 or 3 would make no difference.

In fact looking at a Range 6 player vs. Range 5 mob, both the player and the mob being pretty high level, the player only has a bit of difficulty:
thusmark wrote: Another example would be a Banshee handling 3 Dread Pirates without range being a problem (spawn parties are good for tests, we should have more. ... No kitty emote. :alt-home:).
Basically, giving any range below 5 to a mob (without making their walk delay and recovery time something like a Witch Guard's, and, even then, not 2, but rather 3 or 4) just 'to make things tougher for archers' is just words, the goal is hardly achieved. A range of 5 or more is required for the change to actually mean something.

This topic is going kinda OOT. >.>