Improvements in Crypt

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

Improvements in Crypt

Post by deepthought »

I've been living in crypt for a while and I would like to give couple of suggestions.

1. Bank at crypt. It's really handy to have bank at crypt.

2. Magic spell to lit the candles in crypt. It should be a level 2 spell with or without ingredients.
I'm as cool and comforting as the porcelain tiles on your bathroom floor during an evening of vomiting.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Improvements in Crypt

Post by wushin »

There is a town planned for deeper in the crypts which will include a bit more then just a bank.

Hrmm. That spell idea is interesting, but considering where the project is now with magic, better spells could be worked on first.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

Post by deepthought »

A bank at the town deeper in crypt is not much useful for new players to crypt if they can't teleport there directly. I'm suggesting bank above the ground in crypt. I'm a high level player now but even at 80's I find entering the crypt and subbasement difficult. Its mainly useful for archers, mages as we can't carry more weight. Going to crypt is hard enough and going to sub basement would drain our healing items.

The spell would be a good idea. We can also add the color of the candle light too. As we already have different color powders.
I'm as cool and comforting as the porcelain tiles on your bathroom floor during an evening of vomiting.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

There already is one in the Inn on the Graveyard level.
deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

Post by deepthought »

Yes, there's one in the inn. But inn and crypt are different places.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Correct, and this would be like the Inn but in the middle of the Crypts. If you notice on the Second Floor of the Crypts (027-4) there is a Book flanked by Candles and a locked door. A quest is planned to acquire A Quill, Ink and Key to be able to write your name in "The Book of Dead" and be transported to "The Underworld" which contains the Town I was talking about. This quest was planned for Mid-60s I think. I've not worked on it in a while.
deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

Post by deepthought »

Wushin, I have already mentioned in my first reply. The quest for 60level player ? Maybe a warrior can enter crypt if he has 66luck and enough vit, which is not possible to play with such stats at 60s. 60s or 70s level player can't make it to level 2 subbasement.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Well we can always fix that so the level 60 players could make it.

Currently, that project is sitting on the back burner for now anyways unless someone wants to finish it. If someone wanted to help with it I would need to rebase the 1 map I haven't added for the Town named Epoch and the parts of the script I had on the most recent version.

Deepthought if you would be interesting in working on this you can join IRC and we can work on it together and see what we can do.

Web Based IRC or join irc.freenode.net #themanaworld if you have an IRC client.
Last edited by Cassy on 10 Nov 2014, 20:38, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed the url ♥
deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

Post by deepthought »

Thanks Wushin. I would love to join the project but I'm a bit busy playing the game for now. Don't take me wrong but whoever is designing these quests don't have much experiance of playing tmw. I suggest you to include atleast two well know players in these quests design. On top of my head- rama, shainen.
triforce_hyrule
Novice
Novice

Post by triforce_hyrule »

About the bank on Crypt, is another useful idea, but putting more underground the crypt, a litter harder to reach. Its for me 83 level archer to reach the Crypt i dont know how hard will be the Bank down there. Or Two Banks.
Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.

--Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)
jasm
Peon
Peon

Post by jasm »

can you add pirates dungeons too ?