Contributor Shirt Requests

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

veryape
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Contributor Shirt Requests

Post by veryape »

Relax wrote:I've reported some bugs; 2 of which were corrected (by others) in the latest update (roulette and ragged short); reported other bugs too. Have been guiding new players. Improved 2 lines of server code :D
I need to have a discussion with the devs about this.
Characters: veryape / Captain Dunce / Elvara / veryapeGM
veryape
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by veryape »

Qwerty Dragon wrote:Have not been around for some time, but when I was did make some contributions.
May I have one?
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17043&p=132010&hili ... on#p132010

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16091&p=126600&hili ... on#p126600

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15176&p=123479&hili ... on#p123479

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15135&p=118950&hili ... on#p118950

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13481&p=109498&hili ... on#p109498

Er... um... lots of my posts in forum were deleted by me during the ".net / .org" thingy.
Yes, you have earned one for sure!
Relax
Peon
Peon

Post by Relax »

veryape wrote:I need to have a discussion with the devs about this.
Whatever you feel is right. Here are the references to help you make yes/no decision:

My bug reports:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18728
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18755
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18734
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18762
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18735
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18691

Server code improvement:
https://github.com/themanaworld/tmwa-se ... a/pull/244

Guiding new players:
This I don't feel like telling. But when players ask "where is sagatha", "not able to trade", "how to drop items", etc. and introducing players to tips and tricks; But I also understand that this kind of help almost every player does in TMW in my opinion.

---------------

Veryape, to satisfy meko, you can reverse my ManaMarket trade. I.e. take 99,999GP from me and give me red contributor shirt ( http://server.themanaworld.org/manamarket.html ). But even after that, I can still get new contributor shirt for my contributions; I didn't get the 1st one for free.
veryape
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by veryape »

Relax wrote:
veryape wrote:I need to have a discussion with the devs about this.
Whatever you feel is right. Here are the references to help you make yes/no decision:

My bug reports:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18728
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18755
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18734
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18762
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18735
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18691

Server code improvement:
https://github.com/themanaworld/tmwa-se ... a/pull/244

Guiding new players:
This I don't feel like telling. But when players ask "where is sagatha", "not able to trade", "how to drop items", etc. and introducing players to tips and tricks; But I also understand that this kind of help almost every player does in TMW in my opinion.

---------------

Veryape, to satisfy meko, you can reverse my ManaMarket trade. I.e. take 99,999GP from me and give me red contributor shirt ( http://server.themanaworld.org/manamarket.html ). But even after that, I can still get new contributor shirt for my contributions; I didn't get the 1st one for free.
Yeah, you have earned one. What you do with it is your business. We can't stop you from selling it or any other you come across.

Best Regards
Relax
Peon
Peon

Post by Relax »

veryape wrote:Yeah, you have earned one.
veryape wrote:Best Regards
Thank you :)

veryape wrote:What you do with it is your business. We can't stop you from selling it or any other you come across.
Exactly. Like the way I can't stop you from selling yours. And if I've bought something for GP then I can also sell it for GP. That said, I'm open to my MM trade being reverted if meko still has problem.

I wonder if we can have contributors only GM events.
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

can i get one? :alt-3:
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
sango98
Novice
Novice

Post by sango98 »

Can I get one please ?
I've been helping new players for years I've been on this game before this shirt came out such as with quests and teaching them magic .
I also came up with the idea for the rose hat which is in the follow up quest for orum .
I also helped in the mana empire guild valentine's day event and hosted it along with Chicka we also gave out prizes to other players and made fun drops parties on valentine's day 2013
here's a link viewtopic.php?f=12&t=17009

Here's a link of me suggesting the idea for the rose hat viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15649

I don't know if this counts as contributing but if it is enough please let me know thank you .
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

sango98 wrote:Can I get one please ?
I've been helping new players for years I've been on this game before this shirt came out such as with quests and teaching them magic .
I also came up with the idea for the rose hat which is in the follow up quest for orum .
I also helped in the mana empire guild valentine's day event and hosted it along with Chicka we also gave out prizes to other players and made fun drops parties on valentine's day 2013

Here's a link of me suggesting the idea for the rose hat viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15649

I don't know if this counts as contributing but if it is enough please let me know thank you .
[20:53:11] <Cassy> veryape: viewtopic.php?p=146964#p146964 IMO sango deserves one, she often helped newbies and AFAIK she did even more
[20:54:27] <wushin> Cassy post that on the thread about Sango
[20:54:37] <Cassy> oki

Job done! :alt-9:
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
sango98
Novice
Novice

Post by sango98 »

Cassy wrote:

[20:53:11] <Cassy> veryape: viewtopic.php?p=146964#p146964 IMO sango deserves one, she often helped newbies and AFAIK she did even more

Thanks Cassy :D
veryape
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by veryape »

Chicka-Maria wrote:can i get one? :alt-3:
Yeah, contact me when you see me in game.
veryape
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by veryape »

sango98 wrote:
Cassy wrote:

Thanks Cassy :D
Hrm, I know that you are a good player and often helps noobs. I also know that you had the idea about the rose hat and has held events etc.

However, those things are hard for me to see as contributions per se, and I do not want to end up in a position where people accuse me of handing out shirts to my in-game friends. So no, I won't give out a shirt at this time.

However, note that there isn't much that is asked for you to get one - Edit a few wiki pages, ask again and link to the edits and voila, you will get your shirt.

Best Regards
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Rewarded sango a shirt as they made some wiki edits and asked more about helping and per the thread.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
Celestia
Peon
Peon

Post by Celestia »

I'm not sure where the line is for a Contributor shirt but here is what I do which is a mix of helping new players and testing.

When I encounter new players in Hurnscald that pass the #inwilt test of really being a new player I help them out with red slime drop items even if I have go out and kill red slimes to get them. At the very least every new players gets a set of red slime/black scorp equipment (leather shirt, boots, miner hat, miner gloves) and either a dagger or 10 pinkie antennas (if I have them) where I show them where to exchange them for a better weapon. I also make sure to explain the bat cave to them and other ways to make money such as hunting pollets for pearls to sell to a shop or to other players for a bit more. Whenever I am in town and not afk when somebody comes looking for help with the bandit lord, I am one of the first people to jump up to help go as a healer to keep them alive.

When it comes to testing and reporting bugs the vast majority of what I do is help meko test things on the test server. Meko knows that when he needs help I am a dependable person to ask so much of the time I help out with testing is when it comes to the main server to ask for help and I virtually always go and help him as soon as asked. When I am with meko any bugs that I find, I tell (and show) meko directly - which is why I have very few bug and testing reports posted in the testing area of the forum. The quest that I likely helped meko the most was the silk pants quest, where I not only informed him that the pirate chest was never implemented but also helped him scout out the location of were to place the chest - which is now at the location that I suggested to meko. The largest "bug/exploit" that I reported to meko was the dye a "shirt" get a "contributor shirt" back exploit on the main server. As soon as a person tipped me off via a whisper on how to farm contributor shirts, I did not even try it to see if it works to get a contributor shirt but quickly told meko. As a result it took around 5 minutes for meko to get wushin to remove Selim to put a stop to the contributor shirt farming.

Celestia
veryape
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by veryape »

Celestia wrote:I'm not sure where the line is for a Contributor shirt but here is what I do which is a mix of helping new players and testing.

When I encounter new players in Hurnscald that pass the #inwilt test of really being a new player I help them out with red slime drop items even if I have go out and kill red slimes to get them. At the very least every new players gets a set of red slime/black scorp equipment (leather shirt, boots, miner hat, miner gloves) and either a dagger or 10 pinkie antennas (if I have them) where I show them where to exchange them for a better weapon. I also make sure to explain the bat cave to them and other ways to make money such as hunting pollets for pearls to sell to a shop or to other players for a bit more. Whenever I am in town and not afk when somebody comes looking for help with the bandit lord, I am one of the first people to jump up to help go as a healer to keep them alive.

When it comes to testing and reporting bugs the vast majority of what I do is help meko test things on the test server. Meko knows that when he needs help I am a dependable person to ask so much of the time I help out with testing is when it comes to the main server to ask for help and I virtually always go and help him as soon as asked. When I am with meko any bugs that I find, I tell (and show) meko directly - which is why I have very few bug and testing reports posted in the testing area of the forum. The quest that I likely helped meko the most was the silk pants quest, where I not only informed him that the pirate chest was never implemented but also helped him scout out the location of were to place the chest - which is now at the location that I suggested to meko. The largest "bug/exploit" that I reported to meko was the dye a "shirt" get a "contributor shirt" back exploit on the main server. As soon as a person tipped me off via a whisper on how to farm contributor shirts, I did not even try it to see if it works to get a contributor shirt but quickly told meko. As a result it took around 5 minutes for meko to get wushin to remove Selim to put a stop to the contributor shirt farming.

Celestia
Yeah you earned a shirt.
Avenn
Novice
Novice

Post by Avenn »

i want one too.
Someone once said to me between the lines " You are unwanted here anymore, you are rude, arogant, ignorant, stupid, annoying and worthless person."
And all i can say about it Yes i might be... but that doesnt matter i dont have other feelings different from almighty hate and anger... but in the end its pointless to explain myself.