Contributor Shirts

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Contributor Shirts

Post by wushin »

Please read the forum Rules before post and this thread completely.
Post on Contributor Shirt Requests to receive a contributor shirt, IF you feel you satisfy one of the following requirements.
  • Any dev/admin/gm/artist/sound
  • Wiki Editors
  • Translators
  • Moderators
  • Testing/Bug Reporting
  • Players known for helping newbs & generally encouraging community
Obvious candidates will be added. (those with commits, edits, & etc. logged by the software)
Otherwise you will be asked to start a poll As per the forum rules.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Contributor Shirt Requests

Post by deepthought »

Contributor shirts requests ? Really ? Lol. Firstly no contributor shirts for helping others. Helping others is not a criteria for contributor shirts. Every decent human being helps others. Its only those few cynical assholes who don't like others progressing doesn't help. Please don't let people help each other for contributor shirts. Its just being nice on outside for some reward. Contributor shirts are given to developers, testers, GMs and those few elites rama, mahouking, silent dawn who keep the fun in game.
I'm as cool and comforting as the porcelain tiles on your bathroom floor during an evening of vomiting.
Shainen
Novice
Novice

Re: Contributor Shirts

Post by Shainen »

deepthought wrote:Contributor shirts requests ? Really ? Lol. Firstly no contributor shirts for helping others. Helping others is not a criteria for contributor shirts. Every decent human being helps others. Its only those few cynical assholes who don't like others progressing doesn't help. Please don't let people help each other for contributor shirts. Its just being nice on outside for some reward. Contributor shirts are given to developers, testers, GMs and those few elites rama, mahouking, silent dawn who keep the fun in game.
deepthought,
You've contradicted your post by stating that a "few elites" can get Contributor Shirts without meeting your initial criteria, going so far as to name a few. Also no need to label anyone shy about helping others as "cynical assholes". So to sum it up, your criteria is "no contributor shirts for helping others" unless you are an "elite". LOL
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

First lets keep this thread civil.

The staff & players know the contributors the best as they are really active in a number of the requirements below.
You really don't have to go far until you start seeing their names on the forums, wiki, IRC, game and test servers.
They normally maintain frequent helpful contact with the community as a whole.
Anyone can be like them. Most of the requirements are easy to attain and be consistent with.

Granted the requirement contribution has to somewhat sizable and not just a single tiny contribution.
Except if it's a series of small or tiny contributions that when totaled make a sizable chunk.
Final ruling has been given to the TMW staff to decide.
deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

Post by deepthought »

shainen,

These players are different. They have helped most of the players. I mean they genuinely help others and they have been helping othere even before it was decided that contrubutor shirts should be given to players who help others. Almost every ilia run has either rama or mahou. It's unfair to compare their contributions helping others with players who has helped a couple of players.
I'm as cool and comforting as the porcelain tiles on your bathroom floor during an evening of vomiting.
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

deepthought got a point though.
I like his way of thinking that helping each other should be something very normal.

Still I think that outstanding helpers should get a shirt as a sign of appreciation :alt-3:
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

Post by deepthought »

I also agree outstanding helpers whould be recognised for their efforts. Rama, Mahou are in this category. Likewise for wiki contributions. Nard wrote lot of things in wiki.
Shainen
Novice
Novice

Re: Contributor Shirt Requests

Post by Shainen »

deepthought,

First of all don't get my tone wrong here. I'm speaking as to friends in this thread. I'm in no way feeling uncivil or upset. I just take issue with contradictory statements as it only serves to confuse the process.

You said
deepthought wrote:Contributor shirts requests ? Really ? Lol. Firstly no contributor shirts for helping others..
(again my tone is not negative here, only problem solving)
Then you attempt to quantify how much and what type of help deserves the "C" shirt even though you are protesting awarding the shirt to helpers:
deepthought wrote: Almost every ilia run has either rama or mahou. It's unfair to compare their contributions helping others with players who has helped a couple of players.
Wondering how we know if a player has only helped "a couple ofplayers" or 10, or 20, or 100 over the course of various lengths of time in game.

Rama has been my party member most of his time here and is a friend and I'm not denying that he is helpful and loves the game. Mahou I've known a long time, is a friend, and he helps whenever he feels the need to. Remember those of us that help with multiple Ilia runs are also earning 100k GP upon each success in addition to the great fun in helping someone win their rewards.

So do "helpers" get the shirt or not? How do we quantify that? Many of us long time players are giving helpful items to new players and offering guidance to quests. So how is this measured?
SriNitayanda
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SriNitayanda »

Just sort it out in the fight club
In control of tmw media (aka @broadcast) and tmw financial sector (aka GMstorage) | also a member of tmw Bilderberg Group (aka Phoenix Council guild)
2013-11/26/#General.log:[15:00] veryape: meh, guild is down, we cant conspire at all
deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

Post by deepthought »

I'm sorry that I didn't make myself clear. What I meant is players who made significant contribution to helping should recieve something as a reward for their recognition. Players who helped others for twice or thrice or ten times is not eligable. The topic is not simply about a shirt. It's about how you see the game and what you consider as encouragement. When you say i give reward for helping others it sounds like i'm buying people to help others.

This whole thing can be done in different way. The TMW committee and GMs know who has contributed, helped others. GMs know most of the players in game and their contributions in helping others. If the kind word of you have helped many people haven't reached any of GM, you wont be rewarded. Although, this happening is very rare. Likewise we can do for wiki contributions. Players like Nard have written a lot of stuff in wiki. They should be rewarded. I'm thinking of stone wall or something which displays the names of the people who has done most contributions.

People or players should know the philosophy of the game and licence on which it is released and the complications of it to be truly inspired. This game is not for TMW committee or me or you. It's for us. This game can't become corporate sell out or like some freemium stuff. Many good games have been ruined because of the licenses. This is what I feel inspiring.

Note: I'm talking but haven't done any contributions to this game. I'm just busy playing it for now.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Players known for helping newbs & generally encouraging community

Means consistent and substantial to the levels of those mentioned.
To the point where one is seen as almost an ambassador for the game.
Not merely attempting to slide by with the smallest amount of work.

The path is left as it is so there is a means of recourse to check and balance it.
The chatter on this thread is proof of that pudding.

We can all agree you just can't show a few people the boat in Tulimshar, pass go and collect a shirt.
One has to Own it and Make it there thing.
So they are like the ones we mentioned, recognized by the community as a ...
Players known for helping newbs & generally encouraging community
Shainen
Novice
Novice

Post by Shainen »

wushin,

Thanks for the clarification. Sometimes I end up sounding like an ass when I'm wanting clarification on something, so my apologies.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Cassy wrote:deepthought got a point though.
I like his way of thinking that helping each other should be something very normal.

Still I think that outstanding helpers should get a shirt as a sign of appreciation :alt-3:
Actually, this is is setting my fears at ease. If it's something that everyone should aspire to have, it no longer has the dangers of an exclusive status symbol.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.