New .21 maps

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Your opinion about the new maps

Poll ended at 18 Oct 2006, 22:16

Absolutely wonderful
30%
Good
39%
Ok
22%
They suck, but at least we have new content
9%
Why did you release that crap?
No votes

Total votes: 23
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

New .21 maps

Post by Crush »

With the release of version .21 there are a lot of new maps that have been released. What do you think about the new maps?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
LEG0LAS
Warrior
Warrior

Post by LEG0LAS »

The transition maps and woodland are very nice ! :)
But i didn't like that sandstorm. :( It look's too heavy to me.
LEG0LAS + Bow = 100arrows/s
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

You can switch the sandstorm and the other overlay effects off by adding this option to the config.xml:

Code: Select all

option name="OverlayDetail" value="0"
0 = off, 1 = only one overlay, 2 = all overlays (default)
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
LEG0LAS
Warrior
Warrior

Post by LEG0LAS »

ok thanks.
LEG0LAS + Bow = 100arrows/s
Dr Wahl
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dr Wahl »

the transitions are much better between the different areas, but my heart is still not content :)

i would love to see there be no "jumping" between the different maps. if there could be some way to make everything all connected without jumping, that would be awesome. maybe doing something like loading all the possible maps that you could reach from the current map that you are in, this way, when you get to the border of the maps, you can just walk right in without any loading, or jumping, plus, the client would not have to load all the maps all the time (for the time being, the client might be loading most of the maps, but there are not that many maps as of right now.

is this a feasible task? or am i just being unrealistic?
Alderan
Novice
Novice

Post by Alderan »

I guess the maps are nice BUT I don't think it is wise to put strong aggresive monsters on transition map. It doesn't matter that they are strong but they are aggresive. No newbie will be able to go to woodland (or with slaloom hazard). If the map should be used as path connecting worlds, the passing shoul be safe I guess.
mangamaniac
Novice
Novice

Post by mangamaniac »

These maps are really nice!! :D

I think, Alderan is right: I know, when I was new in this game, I was happy I could train in the bat cave, but the newbies are not able to get there in this version :? .

Some ideas for solution:
- Exchange the snakes for the purple ones.
- "Airport": A flight between Tulimshar and Woodland Village with an zeppelin-airship (maybe you can do a quest for getting a flight ticket)
Tarm
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tarm »

I've decided that I dont like the new maps.Two reasons.First I cant find the darn desert city.Do I have to get killed to find it? :( :roll:
Second the signs need to be fixed.Functioning signs would help tremendously.I remember someone said that a clickable sign could be a npc that have a sign icon.

By the way what's up with the poor drowned giant baby?Kinda morbid.
It's the old player death icon I think.

So I chose They suck,.......
Not because they're bad realy, they need some more work is all.
"I'm selfdestructive baby
But a friendly one" - Spiritual Beggars.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

I like 'em. Finally some big maps where you can wander off a bit.

Tarm, just explore them a bit once and you know the way. The biggest and most confusing map still needs a mini-map. I don't think your lack of will to explore is a reason to vote "they suck". Yes, the "giant baby" is the old low-res player character's death frame, it's an easter egg. I think it's too visible, I'd prefer it to be visible not when you just walk by, but only if you stand on a certain (or one of a few) tiles.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Tarm
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tarm »

Modanung wrote:I like 'em. Finally some big maps where you can wander off a bit.

Tarm, just explore them a bit once and you know the way. The biggest and most confusing map still needs a mini-map. I don't think your lack of will to explore is a reason to vote "they suck". Yes, the "giant baby" is the old low-res player character's death frame, it's an easter egg. I think it's too visible, I'd prefer it to be visible not when you just walk by, but only if you stand on a certain (or one of a few) tiles.

Sure you can wander and it's really nice.But that's also why they need signs. ;)

I have explored every part (I think.) of the woodland map.At least twice.Im a old school rpg player so exploring is fun to me. :)
The cave have been circled twice.Im not sure but I think I've missed some spots in the middle of the cave.Confusing map.Almost made me draw a map like in the good old days. :)
That's the new ones I've found.The winter map and village have been checked twice too.Some nice new shops.

Ah a easter egg.I agree.It should be harder to find.Also is it me or does it look like he's under ice?

So how do I get to the desert city?I need to start killing some green slimes. :P
"I'm selfdestructive baby
But a friendly one" - Spiritual Beggars.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Tarm wrote:So how do I get to the desert city?I need to start killing some green slimes. :P
In the oldest forest map, go to the south-west corner, where the nomad used to be. Leave the map there. Then follow the road east until you reach the coast, then go south and then east. Now you're in the desert with the green slimes and the giant maggots.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Cosmostrator
Novice
Novice

Post by Cosmostrator »

New content is great. I love having more visible items.
The sandstorm is Waaaaay too much though. Instead of a sandstorm it feels like a sand fog. Thanks for all the hard work on the update guys-
-DAVe
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

I like new content, I definately don't like sandstorm though.

Regards.
Ewahl
Peon
Peon

Post by Ewahl »

Great job on the new content. I think there needs to be more NPCs around. About the sandstorm, I like it but it is too strong. I think it should be lighter.
ilgufo
Peon
Peon

Post by ilgufo »

They are excellent :D