Manual sorting of inventory/storage

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

qwertymodo
Peon
Peon

Manual sorting of inventory/storage

Post by qwertymodo »

In the inventory and storage, there is no way (at least that I can figure out) to manually rearrange the items. I like to keep things organized. I know that there are sorting options in the drop-down, but I would like to arbitrarily sort them myself in the default view. For instance, I recently went to a lot of trouble involving trading items with an alt account to clear my storage and then trading it all back in order to get my storage sorted, but wouldn't you know it, I don't have any sapphires, so this nicely sorted storage

is going to be all for naught if and when I ever do get one. Also, as I was going through it all, I came up with a lot of changes I would have liked to make to the item groupings, but alas, I can't, and I'm not going to go through all of that again just for sorting purposes. Can we please get the option of manually sorting the items in the inventory and storage? The inventory at least behaves a little differently in how it orders items after an item has been removed, which allows you to put an item where you want by putting it in storage, then placing the item before the spot you want into storage, then pulling the placeholder out of storage and then pulling the original item and it gets placed after the placeholder. But putting things *into* storage doesn't work that way, as it seems to remember the exact number and placement of any "holes" created by removing items, so if you take an item out of storage then put two into it, the first item goes where the item pulled out went, then the second goes at the end of the list, so that trick only works for sorting your inventory, not storage.
Knight
Knight

Re: Manual sorting of inventory/storage

Post by 4144 »

For this need server support, but server not allow swap or move items in inventory.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: Manual sorting of inventory/storage

Post by o11c »

Making inventory suck less is definitely on my TODO list.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.