Feature request: NPC to replace ManaMarket

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

veryape
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Feature request: NPC to replace ManaMarket

Post by veryape »

It is fairly obvious that this needs to be done, the sooner the better.

ManaMarket gets full all the time, it takes some effort to keep it running and useable for the players. And every such cleanup is just a temporary fix, fast forward two moths and it is full again.

I would be really happy if someone could take on this project, isn't this a great start for a newdeveloper to start working on something? They will sure get to know the feeling of doing something that is appreciated by the playerbase and I guess we will have to hand out earplugs so they don't go deaf from all the thank yous they will get.

Also this will make the market a lot better, if we could stash multiple things there the economy would become a lot more fluid.
Characters: veryape / Captain Dunce / Elvara / veryapeGM
pclouds
Peon
Peon

Re: Feature request: NPC to replace ManaMarket

Post by pclouds »

Does it mean I would lose the ability to whisper and get info remotely?
You either live long enough to be a GM, or die a Troll Master
Meicchi
Novice
Novice

Re: Feature request: NPC to replace ManaMarket

Post by Meicchi »

Uh, I thought about two subtle solutions to MM's "depression" while I was out.

1. While talking to Wushin about using the storage for delisted items we got into a simplier solution for this: if we get mailing system up and working again it would help us sending items which reached their listing time limit back to players immediately, thus automatically free slots, and if player wants to relist, just try and add it again. It's not an ultimate solution but combined with 1 slot per player it would help us flush MM for the better.

2. A simplier solution (and I can recall that someone already told it before) would be having a market area towards Tulimshar or Nivalis (oh Nivalis is so cold, we love tropical climates :alt-9: ), which could be neatly controlled by a function NPC for enforcing the rules (no shops allowed out of this place or it'll be an automatic boot). It would help populating these areas again and let a good margin for whose which can actually keep a shop for many hours or even 24/7, and then MM would be the solution for those who can't do the same (personally exemplifying I live with my mom temporarily and energy consumption costs back here in Brazil are increasing so no way to let it on even on a cellphone).
Find me in-game:
  • * Puncake (main) - light path mage, lv 79, she is actually a pumpkin
    * Meicchi (retired?) - slow speed archer, eternal lv 70 and Ginny's bastard twin
    * Fluttersly - rage warrior, lv 58, knows no jokes and has a mane
Brazilian Portuguese translation coordinator - Make part! / Faça parte!
https://www.transifex.com/organization/akaras/dashboard
https://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Pt:Main_Page
Spoiler:
Yes, imma noob.
Cassy's official fan-clubber