Weapon Quality and Stalls

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Dr Wahl
Warrior
Warrior

Weapon Quality and Stalls

Post by Dr Wahl »

I was thinking that there could be a whole new level of depth if the weapons had more attributes. If weapons had attributes such as: hit ratio, blocking, weight (to effect speed of char.), physical damage, magical damage, critical (% of hitting a "critical" hit), fire, ice, etc.
Then, the numbers could vary between weapons. So, lets say that you and I have a dagger that we found from killing a bat. My dagger does 5 damage, but you found a better quality dagger that does 6 damage. I may want to buy your dagger off of you because it is better than my own dagger.
Another addition that is much needed in my opinion is to add "stalls", or the ability for a to set up shop. Stalls should have a limited number of slots to fill, but this would allow characters to sell items they found without having to ask each individual player. Stalls should also be able to be titled by the player. Something like a 64 character tittle to keep the title a reasonable length. This way, if I find a bow, 2 daggers, and 15 apples, I could set up a stall in town and title it, "Weapons and Apples for sale". Then any one who is looking for weapons or apples can decide whether to take a look at my stall without really going out of their way.
The image below is taken from Silk Road Online. In the bottom left is a stall. On the right is some guy showing off his weapon that is high quality. In game, this weapon of standard quality would sell for about $200,000 but because of the high quality of this particular weapon, this guy could easily sell if for a couple million dollars (in game money of course).

http://img226.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wooter9.png