Double EXP weekends!

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Double EXP weekends!

Post by Cassy »

baseballboy wrote:I think it would be more fun to have double EXP PVP weekend, that way everyone isn't just grinding for double exp, they're grinding and fighting for their lives.
Tell that our newbies :D
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Modify the TMWA source to allow battle_config.base_exp_rate to be dynamic value.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
ginosuper
Novice
Novice

Post by ginosuper »

Thing is: not everyone, including me, likes PVP. I get what you're saying: people would just grind for the double EXP, and you're right about that, and that's why it shouldn't appear very often, just once in some time. I remember double EXP weekends from some years ago, and I'd love to see it back
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Well we are currently going to patch the TMW server to allow GMs the ability to change this dynamically. As currently it requires us to edit a file and restart the server to start and stop double exp. This should allow GMs to use it during events.
ginosuper
Novice
Novice

Post by ginosuper »

Oh, I see. That sounds very good. Thank you for the reply, Wushin.
Darkhog
Peon
Peon

Post by Darkhog »

wushin wrote:Well we are currently going to patch the TMW server to allow GMs the ability to change this dynamically. As currently it requires us to edit a file and restart the server to start and stop double exp. This should allow GMs to use it during events.
How about instead of just enabling/disabling double xp, add a command that would instead allow to change xp multiplier to any value? Then if GMs decide they want half xp or triple xp event, they'd just enter /setxpmultiplier 0.5 or /setxpmultiplier 3?
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Currently have this on the test server for testing. GMs and Devs should be able to change the Xp rate with @exprate <percentage> @exprate 100 is normal, @exprate 200 is double @exprate 50 is 1/2 etc.
ginosuper
Novice
Novice

Post by ginosuper »

Ah, that sounds good :)
TMW Masters