Feature Request: SKYTLURK

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

ozthokk
Novice
Novice

Re: Feature Request: SKYTLURK

Post by ozthokk »

TRGN wrote:
ozthokk wrote:
TRGN wrote:Is anybody helping me make the skytlurk?

i have done lots of art like this and know how frustratingly long it can take to get it done and done right, so here is a bit of help. :alt-3:
Could you do the antlers too? :?:
Sorry, the coloring is as far i can help with your project, it will look really cool when you finish it though :)
TRGN
Peon
Peon

Post by TRGN »

Name: Skytlurk
Stats: Their stats should be the same as Mouboo's.
Drops: Cotton Cloth (10%), Bottle of Water (7.5%), Cotton Cloth (5%), Reed Bundle (5%), Antlers (0.50%), Cotton Cloth (0.50%)
Spawning places: Same as Mouboo.
Attachments
The sprite. The antlers should be added to it the same way as the Reinboo antlers are added to the Reinboo sprite.
The sprite. The antlers should be added to it the same way as the Reinboo antlers are added to the Reinboo sprite.
skytlurk.png (77.4 KiB) Viewed 5309 times
The Skytlurk antlers.
The Skytlurk antlers.
skytlurk-antlers.png (1.93 KiB) Viewed 5309 times
cerc
Newly Registered User

Post by cerc »

those black dots look bad
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

Let's see what Crush posted:
Crush wrote:The first thing you need to learn about pixel are is how to shade a sprite. Then some color theory - 100% saturated colors are almost never a good idea, and pure black is rarely appropriate either.
The shading is the first thing to start with, add the eyes and black dots later ;)
The red color as base for the body is too bright and strong.
It won't look good in game like this.

Btw personally I like the concept.
It's not only a recolored Mouboo but also has some additions to it and might look good with a bit more practise.
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
TRGN
Peon
Peon

Post by TRGN »

Cassy wrote:Let's see what Crush posted:
Crush wrote:The first thing you need to learn about pixel are is how to shade a sprite. Then some color theory - 100% saturated colors are almost never a good idea, and pure black is rarely appropriate either.
The shading is the first thing to start with, add the eyes and black dots later ;)

It's not only a recolored Mouboo but also has some additions to it and might look good with a bit more practise.
The eyes and black dots took lots of work, I won't be doing it again. However, you may try to do that :P
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

TRGN wrote:The eyes and black dots took lots of work, I won't be doing it again. However, you may try to do that :P
Really appreciate your efforts but I'm afraid we can't use the graphic at its current status.
Just take your time and rethink, we're not in a hurry ;)
Edit: a little hint: just make one frame and ask for feedback instead of all 60 frames.

Sorry, I'm not interested in pixel art these days, I'm very busy with other things :?
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by gumi »

Cassy wrote:The red color as base for the body is too bright and strong.
Not at all, we can use it to apply a dye on the R channel
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

meko wrote:
That works from that color? Making the Mouboo dyeable would be really nice.
Main characters:

gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by gumi »

Cassy wrote:
meko wrote:
Indeed, we could make the mouboo dye-able and then put the dots in accessories so this way we could use the same base for more than one npc
ozthokk
Novice
Novice

Post by ozthokk »

Um, i am a bit insulted about this shading thing, as this is the color shading i did to it and posted earlier, if you look closely it is shaded, like on the ears, you can clearly see some pink there, this is the exact reason i deleted all the art i posted here a while back, everyone here has That " Is the dress white and gold or Blue and Black crap" there is shading there, look at it and you will see, but as for the brightness, i agree, i should have " TONED" it better, not shade..
TRGN
Peon
Peon

Post by TRGN »

Cassy wrote: The red color as base for the body is too bright and strong.
Indeed, we could make the mouboo dye-able and then put the dots in accessories so this way we could use the same base for more than one npc

I want it to be a skytlurk, not a dyed mouboo.
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by gumi »

TRGN wrote:I want it to be a skytlurk, not a dyed mouboo.
Then do it yourself. Being impolite will bring you nowhere
TRGN
Peon
Peon

Post by TRGN »

meko wrote:
I already done it.
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

ozthokk wrote:

Um, i am a bit insulted about this shading thing, as this is the color shading i did to it and posted earlier, if you look closely it is shaded, like on the ears, you can clearly see some pink there, this is the exact reason i deleted all the art i posted here a while back, everyone here has That " Is the dress white and gold or Blue and Black crap" there is shading there, look at it and you will see, but as for the brightness, i agree, i should have " TONED" it better, not shade..
meh I didn't mean to insult you, no need to feel that offended ;)
Maybe I used the wrong words as my main issue with the graphic is the too bright color.
But that's my opinion and I stand to it.
But like I said: if the purpose is to make it dyeable then hooray!
TRGN wrote:
meko wrote:
I already done it.
Did you misunderstand maybe?
Making the base sprite, the Mouboo, dyeable and then add the dots, eyes and antlers would exactly make the Skytlurk you want to create.
Main characters:

TRGN
Peon
Peon

Post by TRGN »

Cassy said:
ozthokk wrote:

meh I didn't mean to insult you, no need to feel that offended ;)
Maybe I used the wrong words as my main issue with the graphic is the too bright color.
But that's my opinion and I stand to it.
But like I said: if the purpose is to make it dyeable then hooray!
TRGN wrote:
meko wrote:
I already done it.
Did you misunderstand maybe?
Making the base sprite, the Mouboo, dyeable and then add the dots, eyes and antlers would exactly make the Skytlurk you want to create.
QUOTE'S END
Who could do that? Selim?