Client option to auto-confirm player shop buy requests

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

DragonStar
Peon
Peon

Client option to auto-confirm player shop buy requests

Post by DragonStar »

My idea with this would be an option in ManaPlus that would make it so that players can buy items sold by that character without the owner having to manually confirm it, thus improving trade by making player shops with the option enabled more available and convenient to use.

People wanting to sell stuff could leave the character connected while AFK or doing other stuff, and when a player would initiate a trade to buy something, they would have a limited time to confirm before the trade auto-cancels, like maybe a minute.

And after the buyer would confirm, there would be a check that the trade corresponds correctly to what would be sold by the shop, if so the seller would auto-confirm, otherwise auto-cancel, and after completing the trade, the seller would get a notification (like maybe a dialog box, message in the Trade tab, or a whisper message) of something like "[Character] bought [#] [Item] for [#] GP."
nelson6e65
Novice
Novice

Re: Client option to auto-confirm player shop buy requests

Post by nelson6e65 »

+1
The Mana World - Comunidad Hispanohablante

"When we die, we go to the same place: Soul Menhir"nelson6e65
Edit: Well... Not anymore. u.u

nelson6e65: Image
Edward Elric: Image
Edward Elric (Hagane): Image
Knight
Knight

Post by 4144 »

It will be like botting, not sure what rules allow this.
Other thing need strong validation what trade is correct. Shops must be implemented in server side to avoid this issues
sacriopsmen
Novice
Novice

Post by sacriopsmen »

It is crucial, for those who like marketing, not only for it to be usable, like Hollywood shop seems to have figured out, but accessible for anyone and easy to use. If we have shops all over the place, it helps newer players sell their things at fair price, helps farmers farm whatever they want, helps for doing quests, and many other things.

In another discussion, I saw it was said not to be botting. And I think it is not, since it gives you no real advantage on other players, you are just more reachable for trading. That would actually be a much better marketing alternative than Manamarket (which if you think about it, is this system, restricted by the bot's limits).

It should be a basic feature of the client and serverside. I'm ready to contribute in tests and maybe code (total newbie) if I'm oriented about what to learn and what to mess around with.
Ingame : "Lord Vlad" my archer-healer or "nanogreedy" my vunerable and pretty useless tank.
I also have an archer used as a shop : Vladshop. But it's not my favourite.