Regarding GM polls

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

noog
Peon
Peon

Regarding GM polls

Post by noog »

This is regarding GM polls. The maximum no of people you can see online now a day even during weekends is 50 or maybe even 60. Out of these maybe 70% have forum accounts and how many of them are active ? and how many care about voting for GMs ? The no is very less. If this goes on like this, it will take months and maybe years to elect a new GM.

I suggest two possible solutions:
1. Reduce the no of votes required to be a GM.
2. Make GM polls in-game.
Virtual Reality
Peon
Peon

Re: Regarding GM polls

Post by Virtual Reality »

Having the polls in-game isn't a bad idea.
The only question is this: is it easier to create fake votes by reaching a minimum character level on an account or by creating 20 posts in the forums?
IDK how much of an issue fake/duplicate votes are, but it's something to consider.
noog
Peon
Peon

Post by noog »

That's not a problem. Only a account from each ip should be allowed to vote. I think it could be solved by code.
Virtual Reality
Peon
Peon

Post by Virtual Reality »

noog wrote:That's not a problem. Only a account from each ip should be allowed to vote. I think it could be solved by code.
While the practice may be common, I don't think that relying on an ip to determine a connection's individuality is the best practice.
But that's just my opinion.
noog
Peon
Peon

Post by noog »

Virtual Reality wrote:
noog wrote:That's not a problem. Only a account from each ip should be allowed to vote. I think it could be solved by code.
While the practice may be common, I don't think that relying on an ip to determine a connection's individuality is the best practice.
But that's just my opinion.
Yeah, its not the best practice but at the end it's TMWC that takes the decission even if certain candidate has many no of votes.