New Quest: Tulimshar Deathmatch

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

New Quest: Tulimshar Deathmatch

Post by deepthought »

I've been working on new quest and i would like to get some feedback. As the topic says it's called Tulimshar Deathmatch. The reward of this deathmatch is Trophy Helmet which when you receive have just 1def. Each time you win the deathmatch the defense of the trophy helmet increases. There's a minimum level to participate and also there's the maximum amount of def for trophy helmet based on player's level. This is a player bound item. Can't be traded.

Presently i'm working on the npc code. As i'm new to eathena scripting thing, this will take some time i guess. I would like to have some help with creating trophy helmet or helping me with script.
Attachments
ManaPlus_Screenshot_localhost_2015-07-13_13-19-50_1.png
ManaPlus_Screenshot_localhost_2015-07-13_13-19-50_1.png (140.14 KiB) Viewed 9527 times
I'm as cool and comforting as the porcelain tiles on your bathroom floor during an evening of vomiting.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: New Quest: Tulimshar Deathmatch

Post by Crush »

Interesting idea. But what prevents me from staging 20 fights against my own mule?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

Post by deepthought »

I think i haven't mentioned but you will be fighting monsters based on your level. Players can help you but they don't get any rewards.
I'm as cool and comforting as the porcelain tiles on your bathroom floor during an evening of vomiting.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Ah, OK then. I associated deathmatch with PvP.

When you want people to help you, you might want to be a bit more specific about what kind of help you need. Do you have some specific problems with the script and/or the item you need to know how to solve or do you need someone to do these completely?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

Post by deepthought »

1. I have few doubts regarding the eathena scripting but that can be solved by people in irc.

2. Can a item be made a player bound item in current tmw ? Im thinking this should be done in a special way as Trophy Helmet is bound to only one character of account and even if the other character of the same account picks it, he should not be able to equip it.It would have been simple if each character has different id.

3. I need some artist to create trophy helmet. As this idea was taken from the other game which is also free software i think we can use the design of their trophy helmet but we still need to create sprites for that and i don't know how to make sprite for items.
sacriopsmen
Novice
Novice

Post by sacriopsmen »

How is this going ? Still need help ? Did you put something in the Trello, I can't seem to find anything ?

https://trello.com/b/ojhvZu1f/content-development

I may try to work on the trophy head gear even though I'm beginning as a pixel artist, I'll make what I can. Show me what it looks like first.
Don't they have sprites, too ? Well show me all you can.
Ingame : "Lord Vlad" my archer-healer or "nanogreedy" my vunerable and pretty useless tank.
I also have an archer used as a shop : Vladshop. But it's not my favourite.
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by gumi »

Just to let you know, now that we have pvp channels we don't need a dedicated map. It can be done on any map as long as your script sets all participating players in the same pvp channel

and no, items can not be bound yet
Salius
Novice
Novice

Post by Salius »

deepthought you steal this idea from Stendhal game? :alt-5:
In that game completely same idea already implemented.
deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

Post by deepthought »

Yup this is from stendhal, so what ? Stendhal is also similar to tmw where anyone can do anything with the copy of the code or with the game itself. But unfortunately we cant make player bound items in tmw.