Suggestion - Resurrect

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

kholyphoenix1
Newly Registered User

Suggestion - Resurrect

Post by kholyphoenix1 »

Hello,

I believe it would be interesting to have an ability to resurrect the game.
The requirement would be level. 50 and any item.

Thanks a lot!
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Re: Suggestion - Resurrect

Post by EJlol »

I guess you mean resurrect a player, not the whole game? :shock:
kholyphoenix1
Newly Registered User

Post by kholyphoenix1 »

Yes...
nelson6e65
Novice
Novice

Post by nelson6e65 »

+1

Maybe a Life Magic spell. :alt-0:
The Mana World - Comunidad Hispanohablante

"When we die, we go to the same place: Soul Menhir"nelson6e65
Edit: Well... Not anymore. u.u

nelson6e65: Image
Edward Elric: Image
Edward Elric (Hagane): Image
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

if this was implemented id suggest having a certain amount of intelligence (like 90+ attribute points not counting the stats from weapons/gear) so we don't have warriors using this ability. It's more of a mage spell rather than someone in physical combat.
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by gumi »

There is 3 ways to implement a resurrection spell:
I prefer that third approach as it's more balanced and I actually made a prototype spell based on the comments by Sarah Leigh Butler (sorry, I don't remember which player this is) on https://tmworld.uservoice.com/forums/25 ... -sacrifice

It basically resurrects the target player but sets your hp both to 1 hp (same with mana) and it has a few restrictions to avoid being too op:
  • Costs 50 mp
  • You can not cast another spell for 20 seconds
  • Your current hp must be at least 1/3 the max hp of the target player
  • The max distance is calculated with the same formula as #inma
  • It costs 1 Soul (item)
  • You need to focus to resurrect someone. This means that when you cast the spell, the target player is not resurrected right away but only after 6 seconds (this time might be reduced depending on your m.atk) and only if you are still alive then, at which point it will both set your hp and mp to 1.
  • The caster may only focus on one corpse at a time. Also, a corpse can only be focused on by one caster at a time. This means if the caster dies then another caster will need to start over as they can't both re-animate the same person at the same time
  • This spell is a dark magic spell. There are a few reasons for that but it's mostly because necromancy, by definition, is an occult science but also because dark magic right now has very few spells and kinda sucks
Since you can't resume the fight right away because your hp is both reset to 1 this spell might seem pointless but it will still avoid you to walk back all the way from a respawn spot to where you were.
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Personally I see reviving someone as a white mage spell (healing) since it has the life aspect involved and returning a player. Would fit with the first option provided. Necromancer would probably bring a player back but equivilent to a zombie coming back if anything (which would mean the body would be pretty easy to kill compared to a life giving mage).. In other MMOs i seen resurrecting spells used but using a lot more MP than the other spells other wise people won't run out of MP easy and it would make the game a lot more unbalanced TBH. People can easily speed run stuff as people die like the quest/battles to get the heart of Isis etc. Dieing won't stop people lol.

IMO these implications should be added:

-Should cost 1/3 of a mages MP (calculated from their starting MP) this would also be good for a timer cause mages need their MP back especially when theyre healing players as well.

-Still as said above certain amount of Intelligence.

End of the day its the decision of everyone, but if you want a *like balanced* spell this fits most MMOs for a reason.

~Chicka
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
Micksha
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Micksha »

Another Idea - couldnt we make two spells?

Resurrection: white magic, consumes about 50% of mages max mp and a soul, no spell possible for another 20 secs, target and player end up with 1hp (I really like the 1hp idea, already thought about a certain percentage risk the spell goes wrong too)

Sacrifice: dark magic, the mage can take a players life to resurrect someone else (may be his own one, or the life from another one who then may need @pvp enabled, or to agree in some form to avoid abuse ;)