discussion about the assassin items stats

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

deimos
Newly Registered User

discussion about the assassin items stats

Post by deimos »

Hi guyy, I have a working script on this PR (https://github.com/themanaworld/tmwa-se ... a/pull/438) but we need to make this items stats not so overpowered.

Assassin Pants (+8 Agility)
Assassin Shirt (+10 Agility)
Assassin Gloves (+5 Agility)
Assassin Boots (+5 Agility)

Those are the actual stats of those items, but they should be lowered.
What fair stats do you think we should use?
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: discussion about the assassin items stats

Post by Cassy »

The stats are rubbish.
Personally I dislike adding any AGI to them at all because even if you make them have 0 DEF, all speed archers would use them and Banshee Speed Archers would become even more powerful.
It would make the imbalance between the classes even bigger.

Maybe add other stuff to them like DEX or LUK, but only +1 or +2.
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
Chapart
Novice
Novice

Post by Chapart »

Assassins uses Ninja Swords, maybe can add the restriction range to 1 like bull helmet.
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

Chapart wrote:Assassins uses Ninja Swords, maybe can add the restriction range to 1 like bull helmet.
Improving the Speed Warrior class nearly no one uses that has less DEF but higher AGI, DEX and LUK?
mmh I like it :D
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
deimos
Newly Registered User

Post by deimos »

we could give this items special stats like the bull helmet but less powerful and if the player doesnt have the needed stats to activate the bonus then he will get +1 Str, Agi, Luk and Dex
omatt
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by omatt »

Assasin with shield ? No, that sound bad. ^^
I would like although it is impossible to use an shield with a assasin cloth equiped. (and warrior/bull will have hesitated to use it)

In fact, in that state, it may be useful for all classes. So, we need magic penality too, or only use for dark mage (or something like that idk).
Saulc
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by Saulc »

omatt wrote:Assasin with shield ? No, that sound bad. ^^
I would like although it is impossible to use an shield with a assasin cloth equiped. (and warrior/bull will have hesitated to use it)

In fact, in that state, it may be useful for all classes. So, we need magic penality too, or only use for dark mage (or something like that idk).
Good idea +1 stuff only unlock by dark part :D
Feel Free to join Moubootaur Legends server now!
ML GitLab
ML Discord
deimos
Newly Registered User

Post by deimos »

Bump:

what about this stats?
Assassin Pants (+1 Strength)
Assassin Shirt (+1 Luck)
Assassin Gloves (+1 Dexterity)
Assassin Boots (+1 Agility)
Last edited by deimos on 08 Dec 2015, 16:13, edited 1 time in total.
old-egorilla
Newly Registered User

Post by old-egorilla »

I like the boots & gloves stats as an archer :evil: :lol: im all for it :alt-6:
leyendario
Newly Registered User

Post by leyendario »

I think the stats of the equipment Assassin should these n.n

Assassin Pants (+3 Luck)
Assassin Shirt (+5 Dexterity)
Assassin Gloves (+ Agility)
Assassin Boots (+3 Agility)
Celestia
Peon
Peon

Post by Celestia »

The people that are against the assassin items seem to fall into two predictable groups. First there is fear over the stats of the items being way too powerful and thus would result in major balance issues. Second there is concern over the items being used would make banshee archers even stronger in a very bad way when it comes to balance. As one with a banshee archer as my main I agree with the concerns of the potential of even faster banshee archers would not be a good thing for balance. Personally I already think that the heavy use of potions among some banshee archers comes off as truly insane, especially in groups where I'm sure it comes off to the poor Bulls as a bunch of greedy drop stealing and exp grabbing jerks.

What if we were to take out the ability of any banshee archers to benefit from the items stat bonuses, which I agree would need to be adjusted regardless? I am not sure if this is possible or even practical to code so I would give the devs veto power to throw it out as a "bad idea". Could the items have a sliding scale benefit that slowly tapers off until it becomes +0 bonus at level 90? Others have made the point before that until there are even more powerful mobs in the game the introduction of stronger armor and weapons does not make any sense. In this case it would be a helpful bonus to players in their struggle to grind to level 90, during which a lot of them give up and quit. At the same time it allows the higher level chars to still benefit from the look, as the "Assassin Boots" sure do look a lot like black fishnet stockings which I am sure some players will really enjoy. That way if a banshee archer wants to have the look of a black mini-skirt with black stockings on the battle field let them, they just will not get any stronger as a result of it.

Another idea of how to introduce the Assassin armor set into the game (while being a lot nicer to the devs) would be the clone the stats of existing items so balance would not be an issue. The pants could have the same stats as the terranite legs, shirt the same as the forest armor, the boots the same as the red stockings, and the gloves the same as the leather gloves. So in terms of balance nothing changes in the game, just a new look and nothing more.
deimos
Newly Registered User

Post by deimos »

thanks @Celestia for replying, using the stats similar to other equipment sounds fair and easier to do
Rubikon_
Novice
Novice

Post by Rubikon_ »

Adding Assassin Set in game is an nice idea.but there is one problem about it.
Assassin Set have to much agi on it but it can be changed.
my idea is:example
1.+2 str
2. -1 luck
3. -1 vit
or something like that.

Regards.
alefex2
Newly Registered User

Post by alefex2 »

• the only thing is that banshee archer can not be benefit for these items... and the second thing is that Speed warriors are a secondary class, we can make these items thinking on them
So, my suggestion is some restriction like the illia items, example: minimum of 80 agi, 50 vit, 50 str... idk like illia

or: the complete set create a bonus for speed warriors. like every class can use parts of the set... and receive the same status of terranit legs and forest armor etc... but only the speed warrior can win the bonus.

and another thing is about, how much stronger will be the quest to get these items... for me it will be better if we have a balance, like some items more easy to get and other more difficult.

and i dont know nothing about code so... tell me if it is possible to make something that i suggest.
deimos
Newly Registered User

Post by deimos »

Assassin Pants (Defense +5, +1 Agility, M. Attack +2, M. Defense -10 )
Assassin Shirt (Defense +10, +3 Dexterity, M. Attack +1, M. Defense -10)
Assassin Gloves (Defense +1, +1 Agility, M. Attack -10, M. Defense -10)
Assassin Boots (Dexterity -3, Agility -1, Intelligence -1, Movement Speed +%10, M. Attack -20, M. Defense -10)

what about this stats? they will fit correctly, also we want to create diversity not useless items