Reintroduction of old rare hats poll

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Do you want to have rare hats available again ?

Yes
65%
No
35%

Total votes: 17
soseki
Novice
Novice

Reintroduction of old rare hats poll

Post by soseki »

So as the title says, lets talk about it here.
I'm voting yes, because now that I have completed every quest in the game a few months ago I feel a little bored every time I log in, like if there is anything else to achieve. Rare hats would be a really good reason to play, socialize and improve the market of the game.
I suggest this prices for each rare hat:
Paper Bag: 15kk
Bunch of Parsley: 3kk
Mouboo Head: 15kk
Goggles: 10kk
Chef Hat: 5kk
Christmas Tree Hat: 15kk
Sunglasses: 10kk
Leather Goggles: 10kk
Eye Patch: 100kk
Guy Fawkes Mask: 10kk
Opera Mask: 15kk
Jester Mask: 15kk
Witch Hat: 15kk
Goblin Mask: 10kk
Elf Nightcap: 5kk
Skull Mask: 15kk
Antler Hat: 15kk
Heart Glasses: 5kk
Snow Goggles: 5kk
Santa Beard Hat: 15kk
White Rabbit Ears: 10kk
Mush Hat: 15kk
Face Mask: 15kk
Bunny Ears: 15kk
Top Hat: 15kk
Eggshell Hat: 5kk
Pan Hat: 5kk
Shroom Hat: 15kk
Funky Hat: 30kk
Christmas Elf Hat: 35kk
I think they are pretty fair, becase they aren't too expensive nor too cheap, it would take months or even years to afford some of this hats.
“I do not want your admiration now, because I do not want your insults in the future. I bear with my loneliness now, in order to avoid greater loneliness in the years ahead. You see, loneliness is the price we have to pay for being born in this modern age, so full of freedom, independence, and our own egotistical selves.”
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Reintroduction of old rare hats poll

Post by Chicka-Maria »

rare hats are already in game, go get gold and find them.
Also if they were to be put on an NPC they should be more expensive than that, of course majority of people are going to vote yes, they don't want to get it the same way other people got it through trading others and actually communicating. They really shouldn't be any less than 20-30KK on the trader just like the monster helm and the crown. On the other hand that eye patch for 100KK is way too much.

~Chicka
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
Saulc
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by Saulc »

Hello i dont like the idea who npc sell rare hat because its not equal to all player and you lost the spirit of" rare item"
BUT
it would be better to make an annual GM event calendar ! each year all rare hat was win each one more than once
Sorry for bad english its hard for me to explain :/
Feel Free to join Moubootaur Legends server now!
ML GitLab
ML Discord
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

Mmh that poll is confusing.

Yes I want them to be available again but not this way.
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
Saulc
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by Saulc »

Chicka-Maria wrote:rare hats are already in game, go get gold and find them.
Also if they were to be put on an NPC they should be more expensive than that, of course majority of people are going to vote yes, they don't want to get it the same way other people got it through trading others and actually communicating. They really shouldn't be any less than 20-30KK on the trader just like the monster helm and the crown. On the other hand that eye patch for 100KK is way too much.
~Chicka
I'm in a same way because if yo have heart glasse at moment they cost around kk but if it was add to exotic trader at 10-30kk ! the player who have heart glasse can sell it at 20kk easyly and he do nothing !!
The best way its to add new rare hat to mana market like teranite heart golden serf hat or other nice hat ;D
Feel Free to join Moubootaur Legends server now!
ML GitLab
ML Discord
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

We could reintroduce them, but keep them rare by only allowing GMs to give them away during special events. This way newer players can still have a chance at them along with older players.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
Travolta
Novice
Novice

Post by Travolta »

I'm not gonna answer "yes" or "no", because the question is wrong. If we bring back old unobtainables, it should be done throught multiple ways (NPC selling them, quest reward for stats reset, trade for boss points, rare drops, rewards for (old? new?) quests).

The whole idea of having unobtainable items in TMW is corrupt. It clearly draws a line between older and newer players. I'd prefer all items to be equally available for all players.
soseki
Novice
Novice

Post by soseki »

wushin wrote:We could reintroduce them, but keep them rare by only allowing GMs to give them away during special events. This way newer players can still have a chance at them along with older players.
I like the idea of GMs handing rare hats to players by hosting events as the slime parties, but they aren't too frequent, and not fair, because there winners are always overpowered players using banshee bows.
Quests are another great idea too, but it looks like it takes years to release one, since most of the developers are working on improving tmwa.

And about that list that I made in my first post, you could remove a few, or double the price, just give the players, even if it is a very small chance, a chance to be able to get them. Not everyone gets in time to participate in a GM event.
“I do not want your admiration now, because I do not want your insults in the future. I bear with my loneliness now, in order to avoid greater loneliness in the years ahead. You see, loneliness is the price we have to pay for being born in this modern age, so full of freedom, independence, and our own egotistical selves.”
ozthokk
Novice
Novice

Post by ozthokk »

I vote yes, but how about we make a quest of sorts in which i will explain under a new topic,,,,link here..viewtopic.php?f=36&t=19388&p=150546#p150546
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

wushin wrote:We could reintroduce them, but keep them rare by only allowing GMs to give them away during special events. This way newer players can still have a chance at them along with older players.
They already do this with rares they get from other accounts, people who say they never get given is full of crap xD last time i checked they had a GM storage that they hold events with a few times a year. People are just angry cause its not every week.
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
ozthokk
Novice
Novice

Post by ozthokk »

I guess i will explain my idea under this topic then, instead of relying on GM's to throw events,getting them in trades or buying them in the Market and making this the only way to get Rares, why not make an NPC or use the statue that i posted in another topic. the GM's could still throw events of course, but by using an NPC it will give everyone a better chance to get rares and also when using an NPC i would not only give rares but commons, so as not to flood the game with these said rares, and i think it would be more fare, although my forum account says 2013, i have been playing this game for a few years longer now and have been to many GM events, although they are fun, i have yet to win anything from them and when a GM asks which NPC said what in order to win prizes this is why using an NPC or Statue would be better, because Noobs have no FREAKING clue about this,,,,,THEY ARE NOOOOBBBSSSS!!! now this is just an example to what is wrong with GM events. I don't know, maybe i should just keep my ideas to myself, anyone who trie to give interesting input always seems to be put to the side.....lets see how many people skip over this what i say until i have to reply yet again :alt-5: :alt-5: :alt-5: :alt-5: :lol: :lol: :lol:
soseki
Novice
Novice

Post by soseki »

ozthokk wrote:I guess i will explain my idea under this topic then, instead of relying on GM's to throw events,getting them in trades or buying them in the Market and making this the only way to get Rares, why not make an NPC or use the statue that i posted in another topic. the GM's could still throw events of course, but by using an NPC it will give everyone a better chance to get rares and also when using an NPC i would not only give rares but commons, so as not to flood the game with these said rares, and i think it would be more fare, although my forum account says 2013, i have been playing this game for a few years longer now and have been to many GM events, although they are fun, i have yet to win anything from them and when a GM asks which NPC said what in order to win prizes this is why using an NPC or Statue would be better, because Noobs have no FREAKING clue about this,,,,,THEY ARE NOOOOBBBSSSS!!! now this is just an example to what is wrong with GM events. I don't know, maybe i should just keep my ideas to myself, anyone who trie to give interesting input always seems to be put to the side.....lets see how many people skip over this what i say until i have to reply yet again :alt-5: :alt-5: :alt-5: :alt-5: :lol: :lol: :lol:
It seems like they don't care and you'll only get ChickaMaria screaming at you "NO RARES FOR YOU", it just feels impossible even when the polls show that a majority of players want a chance even if its minimal to get rare hats :alt-4: .
noog
Peon
Peon

Post by noog »

I suggest remove all the rares or make them easily available as in land of fire. It's a sad state of affair as the most precious items in the game is not a weapon but a bunch of amusing hats. I ponder how many players would still play if we remove rare hats.
thusmark
Peon
Peon

Post by thusmark »

Rares are rares because they are rare. You're not making rares available, you're making them commons. Simple as that. I'd oppose all methods of reintroduction which make the potential number of rares in the game infinite. This includes:
  • Drops.
  • Quests.
  • Exotic Trader.
  • Boss Points vendor.
  • Anything else like that. You get the idea.
Now, if this was a poll about keeping rares circulating by manually reintroducing a scant amount periodically after researching which items have prices blown way out of proportion or number so low that circulation has pretty much dried up, then I'd think differently. Basically, something like wushin's idea.

Also, as Chicka-Maria said, GM Events do happen. So I don't see how newer players don't have a chance at getting rare hats. :?
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

We are continuing this thread as a Dev discussion as something does need to be done about rares.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19406

Feel free to follow the discussion or participate in the next step to adding/changing/protecting rares.

Defining what is rare.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.