[POLL] Improve Towel system.

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

What improvements would you like to see in the towel-travel system?

Poll ended at 10 Mar 2016, 01:55

Decrease cooldown time from 30 to 20 minutes.
32%
Don't remove other towels from inventory, when you use one.
38%
Increase the average usage count from 15 to 45.
24%
None of above.
6%

Total votes: 34
Travolta
Novice
Novice

[POLL] Improve Towel system.

Post by Travolta »

Hello,

Currently we have 2 awesome travelling systems (ferry, and the travellers) that work perfectly.
Also we have the hitchhiker's towels. But IMO towels work awkward. When you use a towel, all other towels disappear from your inventory (what's the story behind this?). This means you can only carry around 1 towel. So basically using a colored towel to warp to Graveyard or Terranite Cave is pointless, because then you can't warp back (since you don't have the other towel). As a result, players use only the undyed Hitchhiker's Towel to warp back to the Soul Menhir.

Please vote for improving towel system.
Saulc
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Re: [POLL] Improve Towel system.

Post by Saulc »

I voted +2
But i thinks dont decrease cooldown time from 30 to 20 minutes.
Becose if you do this everone use towel and stop to walk. If you do this you lost part of TMW experience for just look like to some DEV who just use @goto or @warp.
Well i like other ideas but why not add cooldown time from all towel you ahve when you use one.
example: If you use red towel you need to wait 30min and your second blue towel have 5 min for couldown too
:alt-9:
-Regars
-MAF-Saulc
Feel Free to join Moubootaur Legends server now!
ML GitLab
ML Discord
soseki
Novice
Novice

Post by soseki »

I remember asking a similar question some months ago this is the answer I got from Cassy:
Cassy wrote:
soseki wrote:I've dyed some towels and when I use one all the others disappear and I'm left with the one I used.
They don't have this bug in Land Of Fire, can you fix it guys?
It's not a bug, it's on purpose.
When you have more than one towel in your inventory and use one, all others will disappear.

While I think it's okay to not make warping too easy I don't like the killing items solution :?
Just a warp block with a notification that you can't use a towel while carrying others with you is better IMO.
“I do not want your admiration now, because I do not want your insults in the future. I bear with my loneliness now, in order to avoid greater loneliness in the years ahead. You see, loneliness is the price we have to pay for being born in this modern age, so full of freedom, independence, and our own egotistical selves.”
Travolta
Novice
Novice

Post by Travolta »

soseki wrote:I remember asking a similar question some months ago this is the answer I got from Cassy:
Cassy wrote:
soseki wrote:I've dyed some towels and when I use one all the others disappear and I'm left with the one I used.
They don't have this bug in Land Of Fire, can you fix it guys?
It's not a bug, it's on purpose.
When you have more than one towel in your inventory and use one, all others will disappear.

While I think it's okay to not make warping too easy I don't like the killing items solution :?
Just a warp block with a notification that you can't use a towel while carrying others with you is better IMO.
Nobody uses colored towels, and I'd like that to change. And if somebody will say, that people are just lazy to walk, then I remind you the cost of doing the hitchhiker quest (5 iron ignors + 21 pink antennas), and the gem powders aren't that cheap either.
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

Travolta wrote:Nobody uses colored towels, and I'd like that to change. And if somebody will say, that people are just lazy to walk, then I remind you the cost of doing the hitchhiker quest (5 iron ignors + 21 pink antennas), and the gem powders aren't that cheap either.
That would also make people do the Hitchhiker Quest again.
Currently it's pointless doing it.
So it sounds good IMO.
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

Post by deepthought »

Meko is working on towels. In near future there wont be towels. There will be magic scrolls which can be bought or obtained from monsters which will teleport to different places. They are one time usable. There's also marked scrolls which player can mark a location where they want to teleport and use it.
I'm as cool and comforting as the porcelain tiles on your bathroom floor during an evening of vomiting.
Saulc
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by Saulc »

deepthought wrote:Meko is working on towels. In near future there wont be towels. There will be magic scrolls which can be bought or obtained from monsters which will teleport to different places. They are one time usable. There's also marked scrolls which player can mark a location where they want to teleport and use it.
Oh that was really good idea but develop it faster or you lostit :D

-regards
-Saulc
Feel Free to join Moubootaur Legends server now!
ML GitLab
ML Discord
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

If it doesn't get too easy to travel like this meko's idea is awesome :alt-3:
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

Post by deepthought »

Cassy,
I think there would be would be some discussion on price/droprate before being implemented in main server.
I'm as cool and comforting as the porcelain tiles on your bathroom floor during an evening of vomiting.
Travolta
Novice
Novice

Post by Travolta »

Cassy wrote:If it doesn't get too easy to travel like this meko's idea is awesome :alt-3:
Meko doesn't play TMW...
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

I get the logic behind why you want to do this.
"Players will inevitably want to log in and get to the heart of the action to maximise the impact of each play session, especially if their play time is limited, so developers have constructed many different mechanics to strip away potentially frustrating travelling time once an area has been initially explored." - http://massivelyop.com/2015/03/15/mmo-m ... l-systems/
Basically players want to be able to Warp every 20 minutes (for free) to one of the many locations without having to get a new towel.

"The Travelers" fast travel already accomplishes this for a nominal fee.

P.S. it's cheaper to set your towel to the GY and pay for the warp back to Hurnscald.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

Post by deepthought »

Travolta wrote:
Cassy wrote:If it doesn't get too easy to travel like this meko's idea is awesome :alt-3:
Meko doesn't play TMW...
This is not meko's idea. This was my idea.
Travolta
Novice
Novice

Post by Travolta »

wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Ok, Travolta and I talked and here is what we came up with. "The real problem is 3 travel systems." Towels, Ferries, Travelers.

What the plan is:
  • All traveler locations will be changed into Soul Menhirs unless they are near a Soul Menhir then the Soul Menhir there becomes it. (Hurns, Tonori, Nivalis)
  • Locations still have to be found to fast travel among them.
  • Towels will pop-up a list of known locations they can travel too.
  • Color of towel will no longer bind where it goes. (Fashion TIME!)
  • If your towel cooldown is not up the option to pay appears.
  • Changing the GP requirement for paid travel to 1 gem powder.
  • Towels won't undye or disappear.
Travolta did I forget anything?
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
Travolta
Novice
Novice

Post by Travolta »

wushin wrote:Ok, Travolta and I talked and here is what we came up with. "The real problem is 3 travel systems." Towels, Ferries, Travelers.

What the plan is:
  • All traveler locations will be changed into Soul Menhirs unless they are near a Soul Menhir then the Soul Menhir there becomes it. (Hurns, Tonori, Nivalis)
  • Locations still have to be found to fast travel among them.
  • Towels will pop-up a list of known locations they can travel too.
  • Color of towel will no longer bind where it goes. (Fashion TIME!)
  • If your towel cooldown is not up the option to pay appears.
  • Changing the GP requirement for paid travel to 1 gem powder.
Travolta did I forget anything?
Nope. And I already made a list of locations and powder payments:
  • Tulimshar - Topaz Powder
  • Hurnscald - Ruby Powder
  • Nivalis - Diamond Powder
  • Sages - Sapphire Powder
  • Pachua - Topaz Powder + Emerald Powder
  • Candor - Ruby Powder + Emerald Powder
  • Magic House - Emerald Powder + Ruby Powder + Topaz Powder (expensive, 'cos players can abuse the teleporting scrolls)
  • Farmland - Emerald Powder
  • Graveyard - Topaz Powder + Ruby Powder
  • Terranite Cave - Amethyst Powder
  • Barbarian Village - Diamond + Emerald
Towels won't lose their color, and they won't be removed from inventory. The towel will give a player a choice where to teleport (one of known locations), and if the player uses it before cooldown, he pays the corresponding price.

There is one thing that bothers me, and it's the "talking soul menhir". It doesn't make sense that you complain to a rock (even if it's magical) that you lost your towel. So it should be the travellers' job to return the player a lost towel. (Idea: charge for every next towe, let's say, 5k?). So travellers in the town should remain as "towel-returner-npc-explaining-how-it-works".