bat/hermit cave geeky suggestion

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Proton
Peon
Peon

bat/hermit cave geeky suggestion

Post by Proton »

Ok, maybe this is a bit too geeky to be popular...

The crazy hermit ask you bat wings for his experiments.
Well, there was a real scientist in the 17th century Lazzaro Spallanzani. He wanted to know how bats see in the dark. He made various experiments, involving blinding them (with hot needles), blocking there ears and mouths and covering their wings with resin/glue. His experiments were showing that bats were seeing in the dark, with their mouths and ears, but he didn't accept that, since that's totally CRAZY!!! He couldn't understand what was going wrong. (echolocation was understood 200 years later)

So my proposal is to rename the hermit to "Lazzaro Spallanzani". Complaining ("I don't understand....") that he keeps repeating his experiments and the same crazy result comes up again and again. Saying, that's impossible, there is something wrong with the experiments. It's just crazy. It drives him crazy, he tears his hair, he loses sleep etc... He would randomly give a description of one of his experiments (Now, i blind bats with hot needles, to see if they can find their way in total darkness. Now i eat some bats, maybe the taste will tell me something, not much meat on them though. Now i dissect them. Now i clog their ears with wax.....). And of course, he needs bat wings for some of his experiments.

I think it's better then just "I just like to cut them up".
This change, involves only changing some text, no new coding, no new art.
Steingej Eisenserg
Peon
Peon

Re: bat/hermit cave geeky suggestion

Post by Steingej Eisenserg »

and the laz robe is rly just batwings... love the suggestion:)
Lota
Peon
Peon

Re: bat/hermit cave geeky suggestion

Post by Lota »

I don't know about renaming him, but it could be fun to add some dialog lines about how it makes no sense that bats could see with their months and ears, so he'll just restart the experiment all over again. That way even those who never heard of Spallanzani will get the joke.