New Ideas

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

New Ideas

Post by deepthought »

I would like to suggest some new ideas and if people agree i would be willing to work on it.

1. New status message setting /grumpy. This will give grumpy message similar to afk message to all non friends.

2. Houses for players. I would say expand the maps a little and put few houses in nivalis, tulimshar and hurnscald. These houses would be available for players and there's rent to pay every month. The period of how many months you can hold on and other rules will be decided on majority basis if you like it. There are also keys for houses and you can duplicate the keys and give the keys to your friends.

3. Daily Monster Quest. As the title suggests, it's a quest given by town chief or elder which tells you to kill certain monster and in return gives some percentage of xp.

4. Daily Item Quest. This is also similar to daily monster quest given by town's chief who wants particular item for the town and in return you get some xp.

5. Introduce jail. Instead of banning players for spamming and any other things, put them in jail where they can't wisper, trade or chat with others. they would be able to chat only in general tab.

6. Another idea is farming to produce grains. To keep it simple there will be some farms and where the grains, carrots and other vegetables would be ripe to harvest in certain time. We dont have to plant the seeds or anything. Players will harvest the grains with scythe and they give to certain npc who make flour with grains. Another npc will be make buns from flour. There will be a bakery and you can make sandwiches and burgers from buns and vegetables. It's a lot of work but not impossible to do. If i start working maybe i think i can do it within a year or so and if more players help would be complete sooner.

I think the daily monster quest and daily item quest would ease the grinding a bit and makes players atleast login to do them.
I'm as cool and comforting as the porcelain tiles on your bathroom floor during an evening of vomiting.
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: New Ideas

Post by gumi »

deepthought wrote:New status message setting /grumpy. This will give grumpy message similar to afk message to all non friends.
You would have to work with 4144 on this one. I hope you know C++
deepthought wrote:Houses for players. I would say expand the maps a little and put few houses in nivalis, tulimshar and hurnscald. These houses would be available for players and there's rent to pay every month. The period of how many months you can hold on and other rules will be decided on majority basis if you like it. There are also keys for houses and you can duplicate the keys and give the keys to your friends.
While it would be possible to add houses for players I think it would be unfair as only very old players would be able to afford it. Also, it would be kinda impossible to manage the keys. Once your rent expires we would need to remove all instances of the key, which we can not do if the player that has the key does not log in
deepthought wrote:Daily Monster Quest. As the title suggests, it's a quest given by town chief or elder which tells you to kill certain monster and in return gives some percentage of xp.
This we can do, but I'm not gonna do it so you'd need to learn tmwScript
deepthought wrote:Daily Item Quest. This is also similar to daily monster quest given by town's chief who wants particular item for the town and in return you get some xp.
Unless we use items purchasable in shops I'm not sure I like this idea as again it would be biased towards older players
deepthought wrote:Introduce jail. Instead of banning players for spamming and any other things, put them in jail where they can't wisper, trade or chat with others. they would be able to chat only in general tab.
I had that idea too, put players in jail instead of ban them and players can access the jail too (public humiliation)
deepthought wrote:Another idea is farming to produce grains. To keep it simple there will be some farms and where the grains, carrots and other vegetables would be ripe to harvest in certain time. We dont have to plant the seeds or anything. Players will harvest the grains with scythe and they give to certain npc who make flour with grains. Another npc will be make buns from flour. There will be a bakery and you can make sandwiches and burgers from buns and vegetables. It's a lot of work but not impossible to do. If i start working maybe i think i can do it within a year or so and if more players help would be complete sooner.
Wushin has a whole new "profession" system and baker/miller should be integrated into that project. You should get in touch with wushin. However, to finish the profession system, we need to finish magic-v3 first (too long to explain here)
deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

Post by deepthought »

Houses and farming is something i want to be implemented in TMW very much. This would make TMW less of monster hunting and more like a 2nd life sort of game. Maybe instead of keys we can make the access to houses manually by gms. The prices of houses can be around 1kk GP and 50k-100k gp rent for every month. 1kk GP is not hard to earn, new players can get 1kk gp too.

I'm somewhat familiar with TMW's eathena scripting because of the last time i worked with deathmatch. Now for Daily Item Quest, why would you think it would be favorable to old players ? The items that would be asked would not be rares or not unobtainables. They can be something as simple as certain no of bat wings to yeti tears or sapphire powders depending on the level of player. If one doesn't do the quest in 7 days, the quest would expire and they have to do the quest again.

I forgot to mention that normal players can access jails. Looks like you also thinking the same :P. We can add an npc or two in jail which will talk about rules and maybe an npc prisoner in jail with a small quest on him. Like getting him something to eat.
I'm as cool and comforting as the porcelain tiles on your bathroom floor during an evening of vomiting.
sacriopsmen
Novice
Novice

Post by sacriopsmen »

deepthought wrote:2. Houses for players. I would say expand the maps a little and put few houses in nivalis, tulimshar and hurnscald. These houses would be available for players and there's rent to pay every month. The period of how many months you can hold on and other rules will be decided on majority basis if you like it. There are also keys for houses and you can duplicate the keys and give the keys to your friends.
Yes it WILL be only for older players. You really seem disconnected from a rookie's life... 1KK is a heck lot of money, I actually haven't ever had that sum under my hands, and I'm reaching LVL 70. (and I like trading, actually, so I make money out of it, sometimes)
deepthought wrote:3. Daily Monster Quest. As the title suggests, it's a quest given by town chief or elder which tells you to kill certain monster and in return gives some percentage of xp.

4. Daily Item Quest. This is also similar to daily monster quest given by town's chief who wants particular item for the town and in return you get some xp.
Well, I'd say we already have daily quests, they cost daily points, but you're probably using them all on Arkim's.
deepthought wrote:5. Introduce jail. Instead of banning players for spamming and any other things, put them in jail where they can't whisper, trade or chat with others. they would be able to chat only in general tab.
I think the response to that was only ironic, this is really not what a game should be about and just rumors that you have been banned would already be too shameful for gaming purposes. Since it doesn't ease the GM's work and would just add to the develloppers'work, I am going to say...

OBJECTION !!!
deepthought wrote:6. Another idea is farming to produce grains. To keep it simple there will be some farms and where the grains, carrots and other vegetables would be ripe to harvest in certain time. We dont have to plant the seeds or anything. Players will harvest the grains with scythe and they give to certain npc who make flour with grains. Another npc will be make buns from flour. There will be a bakery and you can make sandwiches and burgers from buns and vegetables. It's a lot of work but not impossible to do. If i start working maybe i think i can do it within a year or so and if more players help would be complete sooner.
Actual mining would also be neat, but seeing the current value of ores, there are two choices :
- having new ores, but not the ones mobs drop, or only have them as rare loots.
- getting way up the requirement of anything needing ores.
Just in case you were thinking of mining too.
I'm very happy to see this is already in progress.
Ingame : "Lord Vlad" my archer-healer or "nanogreedy" my vunerable and pretty useless tank.
I also have an archer used as a shop : Vladshop. But it's not my favourite.
Salius
Novice
Novice

Post by Salius »

deepthought wrote:2. Houses for players. I would say expand the maps a little and put few houses in nivalis, tulimshar and hurnscald. These houses would be available for players and there's rent to pay every month. The period of how many months you can hold on and other rules will be decided on majority basis if you like it. There are also keys for houses and you can duplicate the keys and give the keys to your friends.

3. Daily Monster Quest. As the title suggests, it's a quest given by town chief or elder which tells you to kill certain monster and in return gives some percentage of xp.

6. Another idea is farming to produce grains. To keep it simple there will be some farms and where the grains, carrots and other vegetables would be ripe to harvest in certain time. We dont have to plant the seeds or anything. Players will harvest the grains with scythe and they give to certain npc who make flour with grains. Another npc will be make buns from flour. There will be a bakery and you can make sandwiches and burgers from buns and vegetables. It's a lot of work but not impossible to do. If i start working maybe i think i can do it within a year or so and if more players help would be complete sooner.

I think the daily monster quest and daily item quest would ease the grinding a bit and makes players atleast login to do them.
Again ideas stolen from Stendhal game :alt-5:
deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

Post by deepthought »

So what salius ? Stendhal has many more good ideas and quests which i would love to see them in TMW. Actually stendhal and tmw are kinda related. Both use same mapping tool to generate maps. Please post in content suggestions if you have anything to add or contribute to the topic.
Last edited by deepthought on 13 Feb 2016, 17:11, edited 1 time in total.
Salius
Novice
Novice

Post by Salius »

deepthought, use my nickname in correct form:

Code: Select all

Salius
[/size]
I using your nickname correct.