Player annoucement

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

sacriopsmen
Novice
Novice

Player annoucement

Post by sacriopsmen »

Something I else suggest : both for trading and for normal playing, global announcements would be very useful to players.

When looking for a one time party, for the needs of the moment, it would be useful to give anyone little info that you are there without having to get around all the game to do so.

Newbies could also ask questions and help this way. It would be great for them to have something of this kind, ingame. I felt alone as a newbie even though it was still all located in Tulim and there where a lot of other newbies around. I wouldn't dare to ask every player passing by to team up and I couldn't really team up with stronger players either, since the level was really too different, they couldn't do much to help me in fight without outdoing it.

When trading, it's a shame that we don't have a place especially for player's shops, I think we should have a market with empty carpets on the ground, for them and separated from the place where the town sitters are, not to bug them. And to immediately spot any shop/customer in the zone with less false hopes of other players just passing by. Also, I know it's talked about in the "Did you know" window, but some may have missed it, and it's not very exhaustive. We should have a npc explaining that entirely.
I can do the text, probably, or at least most of it.

There are several solutions for that.
Maybe doing a global tab in the chat, that you can turn off, and where all speech is global, but imposing that players can only say one thing every 10 minutes, or more. Not flood, useful.
We can also make a NPC or bot that would make announcements through command, it could work.
Finally, we could make a "Public board", or several, one per subject, where you can post announcements that just are displayed in a menu when you "talk" to the board. Allowing the announcements to stay for a limited time would be a good idea, with a cap at 24 hours. It wouldn't reach the players playing around in solo deep in a cave, but if you come in town looking for a party, or a trade, you can see where to go.

Tell me what you think of all this.
Ingame : "Lord Vlad" my archer-healer or "nanogreedy" my vunerable and pretty useless tank.
I also have an archer used as a shop : Vladshop. But it's not my favourite.
TeZeR.D
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Player annoucement

Post by TeZeR.D »

To be honest, I've rarely had trouble finding people to grind with. I usually just go to a popular leveling spot (GY) and ask. Most players will be willing to team - and if I couldn't find anyone, either start whispering people or go to a solo grind spot (i.e Terras, Yetis).
Most of these ideas are very good though!
sacriopsmen
Novice
Novice

Re: Player annoucement

Post by sacriopsmen »

This logic sadly make some zones terribly lonely. I mean, I've rarely even met someone in the whole Kazei even though teamwork is heavily needed in some areas (maybe not anymore after lvl 80, but hey, there is not only high lvl in game ;)). Also, whispering to some players... that's cool for really old players who know lots of people, but I don't think newbies would even think of that. I try to take in count people's shyness.

So, as sad as it is, there are only a few places where players meet to grind while new zones are still released and most of them are lots less known, and as long as I know, none of these is a popular grind spot, even though some could be... (for low and mid lvl too)

That could also help make raids in some places. Again, I know there are a lot of spontaneous raids in the gy, but when you can put together a ten players team, almost any zone is raidable from as few as level 60.
Also, could help those who like to play warrior or runner to find someone to exp share for only a while, regardless of the lvl.

If this works well that could even encourage to create some more zones that can't be taken care by only one player, even max stats.

It's always cool for a MMO to have some more communication going on.
Ingame : "Lord Vlad" my archer-healer or "nanogreedy" my vunerable and pretty useless tank.
I also have an archer used as a shop : Vladshop. But it's not my favourite.