Bombs : possible new game mecanic

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

sacriopsmen
Novice
Novice

Bombs : possible new game mecanic

Post by sacriopsmen »

This is just an idea, but that could be a real revolution in TMW if applied. So, the idea is creating an item that can be used to inflict zone damages to players and monsters alike. A bomb you drop and after 3-5 sec, boom, anything within a certain range is damaged, by a fixed amount of damage.

We could probably make that out of the code used for white slimes. Also, that could be something new in PvP. Sometimes allowed, sometimes forbidden. There could actually even be builds centered around bombs. With few dex cause they don't actually need to hit, lot of STR, cause bombs would be heavy, making them harder to use for other classes, lots of Vit to survive some of their own hits, and monsters, and Agi and/or speed skill, to avoid monsters and walk away faster from their bombs.

It is probably possible to code the bombs to not damage the others players that don't use bombs. Why ? Simple, trolls. If we add bombs that damage all the player, we provide a way to kill players who are not in PvP mode, helping trolls do their evil actions in the other hand, if it only damages the launcher in all cases but PvP, it could be used in combination with two/three tanks to wipe out large numbers of enemies, making the game quite easier for the bomb users once monsters are correctly gathered in one place.

Also note that trolls already have black magic to attack other players out of PvP.

It's not flawless but if the idea is popular, we could at least plan to make it into the game.
Ingame : "Lord Vlad" my archer-healer or "nanogreedy" my vunerable and pretty useless tank.
I also have an archer used as a shop : Vladshop. But it's not my favourite.
Rein
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Bombs : possible new game mecanic

Post by Rein »

i would love to see this . legend of zelda or bomberman style bombs would be interesting for swarms of things. and in pvp
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by gumi »

this could work with puppets/nodes. I don't think there's a way to make this work in Hercules without modifying the server though
HaloNott

Post by HaloNott »

Per your request I figure I'd make a gif for the bomb. Ignore the dots on the top right I'll remove those lol. :alt-8:
Attachments
tada
tada
Bomber.gif (10.98 KiB) Viewed 7500 times
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

I'd think you could do this in both if you made them have to drop the bomb and a timer was set on that tile & everyone got damaged.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
Livio
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Livio »

But, how the old explosive bees worked?
jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

Livio wrote: 26 Sep 2019, 15:37 But, how the old explosive bees worked?
Explosive Bee is a monster, they use either NPC_SUICIDEATTACK or NPC_WIDEATTACK to cause area damage.
Maybe another Monster-Only skill. It's a bit different from bombs, although of course, bombs could be done this way. (Use item, spawn the bomb monster, cast delay, cast explosion)

Other alternatives include areatimer(), timer() + getunits(), or even duplicatenpc() plugin.

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

Knight
Knight

Post by 4144 »

in hercules exists throwable weapon aka bombs. but not sure how manaplus will handle them.
probably this is based on use or drop item and it spawn skill units
Hello=)
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Hello=) »

As weird idea for "classic" I can imagine just invoking some script in ways similar to magic, maybe even with target specified exactly same way, but then instead of doing beneficial "spell" on target or demanding magic levels I guess script can evaluate other stats (e.g. strength), consume some item (e.g. "stun potion" or "stun grenade") and apply certain actions to target. For PvP it would be logical to slow or stun players, solving at least some warriors woes (and something like str as factor for "spell range" for that).

The downside is that it wouldn't probably do proper animation, though spells can have animation and so it can be "emulated" as well. And at the end of day, who cares if that was not a "real" throwable weapon but scripted action instead?
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

I take your bomb and raise you a third level fireball for 8d6 fire damage.
Magic VS Gunpowder, magic always wins. I do agree that we need more AoE, it makes everything more fun.

TMW Team member

HaloNott

Post by HaloNott »

Nahhh you don't have to worry about it being throwable quite that way. You could make the bomb move like a spell towards people. You could make the artwork so that it looks like it's going up into the sky (towards) and then falling. I suppose you could even make the bomb bounce towards your enemies... :mrgreen: kekekeke

Woah that's be something kekeke :mrgreen:
Attachments
kekekeke
kekekeke
Bouncing bomb.gif (9.28 KiB) Viewed 7389 times