New short range weapons: area weapons

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

sacriopsmen
Novice
Novice

New short range weapons: area weapons

Post by sacriopsmen »

Currently I'm obsessed with the idea that you should be able to hit several monsters at once. It wouldn't particularly make the game easier for those who use it, if it's well balanced.

For example, the ones who inflict a lot of damages in short range are mostly ragers, so what if by hitting several monsters at once, you can't make a critical hit ? That would give a better weapon for the tanks and solo warriors, and make them get a fairer share of the exp by allowing them to get more out of large numbers of monsters they have hit, as well as allowing them to keep monsters around them (since monsters will aggro them more easily than with one by one targeting-hitting)

If we want, we could also make spells to do about the same for mages, even though they already have Frillyar, but restricted to open spaces.

Here are a few ideas of weapons and targeted areas :

Flail : Well, a big flail with a long chain, you could throw around you that would damage all the monsters around the targeted monster. If could have a one or two attack radius, but only a one "zone damage" radius (on panel around the monster hit). The damages would be heavy for the targeted monster, but and weak for the monsters around. (idea to code it easier : make it actually hit in two different ways : one that just does normal damages, and simultaneously, one that do fewer damages all around that area.) The attack speed should be kept super slow in order to balance it.

Mace : A short range version of the flail, that just damages all enemies on one panel. Since it's pretty easy to gather all enemies on one panel when you fight alone, that should be considered the maximum range in short range. The attack would be powerful on the targeted monster, weak on the others and the attack speed would be slow, but maybe faster than the flail, since it's range is significantly decreased.

Whips/chain and scythe ?? : Just an idea : a weapon not needing targeting, just inflicting damages all around the player when you hit... I guess it's not easy to code though.
The damage would be light, it's mostly to aggro the monsters on you... it could also be nice to have a slow stronger version, to hunt squirrels.

all the damages of all these weapons should be determined by str and whether you hit or not, by dex, as much as we can.

If the idea is popular, it could be considered to the devs, so show your support if you like it.
Ingame : "Lord Vlad" my archer-healer or "nanogreedy" my vunerable and pretty useless tank.
I also have an archer used as a shop : Vladshop. But it's not my favourite.