The game needs more content

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

soseki
Novice
Novice

The game needs more content

Post by soseki »

For the last couple of months there haven't been any new quests, new items or other kind of stuff.
Yes I know that the devs have been focusing mainly on fixing stuff, but is it me or isn't it taking too long?
We really need new content.
“I do not want your admiration now, because I do not want your insults in the future. I bear with my loneliness now, in order to avoid greater loneliness in the years ahead. You see, loneliness is the price we have to pay for being born in this modern age, so full of freedom, independence, and our own egotistical selves.”
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: The game needs more content

Post by gumi »

We are not only fixing bugs, we are currently working on a self-fork of the scripting engine. It doesn't really change much for the players but server-side it is a HUGE difference (1,842 additions, 7,249 deletions).

I'll say it again: this game is 100% open source and none of the devs (or any of the tmw staff) are paid. We are all volunteers, and we all have a job, a family and real life issues just like everyone else. If you want new content feel free to make some; anyone can contribute, even you.

Please don't complain, you're getting this game for free
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

From my side I hardly have time for dev'ing anymore.
Since December I work for a new company and work there nearly all day.
Also I'm in a relationship since December.
Not much time left for developing but I love it too much to give my hopes of continuing.

But do you know how I started with this?
I thought exactly the same, that I'd love to see more content, so I got into developing more and more.
I can just encourage everyone to try it out.
If I, a total noob, could make it then everyone can ;)
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

soseki wrote:For the last couple of months there haven't been any new quests, new items or other kind of stuff.
Yes I know that the devs have been focusing mainly on fixing stuff, but is it me or isn't it taking too long?
Feel free to make more.

Chicka
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

soseki wrote:For the last couple of months there haven't been any new quests, new items or other kind of stuff.
Hey,

what kind of new content would you prefer?
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect