Mobs in swamp

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Micksha
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Mobs in swamp

Post by Micksha »

Hi,

I just walked to the swamp once again and noticed the following:
The grass snakes now make it almost impossible for noob to collect all the required silk cocoon for the quest.
Also I feel the grass snakes fit better into the swamp.
So I propose to move grass snakes back into swamp by making a separate map for Asphodel Moor without the snakes, and the swamp surrounding could have the snakes back.

Thx, Mick
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Mobs in swamp

Post by gumi »

IMO, it makes it harder when botting, yes, but with only a couple of snakes per map they are fairly easy to avoid

Also, there's lots of maps where you can get silk; it's not just around the swamp
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

The best place for cocoons is map 057-1. Head towards old wizard's hut and keep going east from there.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
Travolta
Novice
Novice

Post by Travolta »

TMW had a great map (Reid's inn), it's quests and environment made perfect sense. It had "hipster" versions of skeletons, and it had great atmosphere. That map was torn apart and thrown the pieces into the swamp! What was the sober reasoning behind it?
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

That map was a Plop. It was a single sparkly gate. A general Hodgepodge of content slapped together. The Graveyard was already a natural staging/proving ground for players and groups. Reid's Inn and Quest are completely retained. The only things added were the Soul Menhir. Everything else was already part of Reid's Inn. It feels much more organic having a Cursed Town near a GY and Crypts. The game now has another town/hub as well. In Addition to having Dimond's Inn mere maps away it felt silly to have Yet Another Inn. It gives more substance to all the NPCs in town now. From the Caretaker to Golbenez. Plus it gives us a nice town from which the Undead Species can be from.
Travolta
Novice
Novice

Post by Travolta »

wushin wrote:It feels much more organic having a Cursed Town near a GY and Crypts.
Maybe, but not in a swamp! Besides, Reid's inn didn't have direct route to it, it was because Golbenez torn out the place from our realm (at least that's how I understood it). What I miss the most is the actual inn (wide map with 2 floors, skeletons walking arount it). It was overpopulated with "service" npcs, but now the inn itself is so tiny it makes me sad.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

The Inn Quest is now a Town quest. The NPCs are laid out better to tell the story. It makes the quest larger than just the inn ripped out of nowhere. The whole "Love Triangle" got lost in the Inn. Staging the Family apart from the Inn imparts a stronger connection to what was really broken by Golbenez, family and community. Feel free to start a vote to revert it, but good luck. The majority of the players like it from what I've been hearing.
TRGN
Peon
Peon

Post by TRGN »

wushin wrote:That map was a Plop. It was a single sparkly gate. A general Hodgepodge of content slapped together. The Graveyard was already a natural staging/proving ground for players and groups. Reid's Inn and Quest are completely retained. The only things added were the Soul Menhir. Everything else was already part of Reid's Inn. It feels much more organic having a Cursed Town near a GY and Crypts. The game now has another town/hub as well. In Addition to having Dimond's Inn mere maps away it felt silly to have Yet Another Inn. It gives more substance to all the NPCs in town now. From the Caretaker to Golbenez. Plus it gives us a nice town from which the Undead Species can be from.
I remember that there was a bridge going away to somewhere in the south part of the swamp. Why was it removed?
This is a Skytlurk. -> Image