Autocorrect feature needs amending for the forums.

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Speiros
Novice
Novice
Location: Born in Candor, living as a nomad around Tulimshar and Woodland areas.

Autocorrect feature needs amending for the forums.

Post by Speiros »

Apparently, the forums have a censorship autocorrect installed. I found that one of my comments had a word changed from a non-crass, English word to buttocks. Aside from the laugh, I did highlight it, but then when reading another persons post, I saw the same thing. They had been buttocksed as well!
What is this random buttocksing? Apparently, the word of three letters that means a donkey in English (and also is misused to mean something else in Americanised English) is not acknowledged as part of a proper word, and therefore, those words are getting changed into buttocks.

My suggestion is to add a space after the word for the autocorrect function, or if this is not possible, then add exceptions to the rule, where the word will not be autocorrected. The words are all forms of a..s..s..u..m..e, a..s..s..u..r..e, and probably a..s..s..o..c..i..a..t..e. All derivatives of these words should be allowed, or the sentence will look like this.

"I assume you assured the clients that we only associated their names with the necessary purposes." :roll:
_

Let me help you understand pirate talk.
Arrrr!!! (The letter "R", and any other sentence or emotion imaginable, excepting the following ones); Arrrr!!! (angry "R"); Arrrr!!! (relaxed "Aaahh"); Arrrr!!! ("Man Overboard! Quick! Grab the ropes! Loosen the raft!"); Arrrr!!! ("What a lovely day! Sun shining..."); Arrrr!!! ("Oh no. Looks like more rain. Are our garments dry? Can we stop using them as a secondary sail yet?")
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Re: Autocorrect feature needs amending for the forums.

Post by WildX »

I simply removed the censorship on the word "ass" which is not even necessarily a bad word. Ass away!

TMW Team member

Speiros
Novice
Novice
Location: Born in Candor, living as a nomad around Tulimshar and Woodland areas.

Post by Speiros »

WildX wrote:I simply removed the censorship on the word "ass" which is not even necessarily a bad word. Ass away!
lol...cool.
_

Let me help you understand pirate talk.
Arrrr!!! (The letter "R", and any other sentence or emotion imaginable, excepting the following ones); Arrrr!!! (angry "R"); Arrrr!!! (relaxed "Aaahh"); Arrrr!!! ("Man Overboard! Quick! Grab the ropes! Loosen the raft!"); Arrrr!!! ("What a lovely day! Sun shining..."); Arrrr!!! ("Oh no. Looks like more rain. Are our garments dry? Can we stop using them as a secondary sail yet?")
Amarynthus
Novice
Novice

Post by Amarynthus »

But are other words so hypersensitively replaced. I mean, can we have shitake mushrooms, or will they be taken and eaten by the cockroaches?

Ok, those are all good :p
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

It depends on how it's set up, generally most words won't be replaced at all. If the context is offensive it's up to moderators to take action.

TMW Team member