Just to start you talking

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Moebird
Peon
Peon

Just to start you talking

Post by Moebird »

On the old server. How about we change the EVENT concept? So far events are centered four very commercial holidays and after ten plus years, they have been very overdone, imnsho. One way it can be changed is to do a "Nationality Day".(Know your friends?) First thing needed is to pick a common hat, already in game and add a flag to it of the Nation you are doing. If done right, this hat can be used over and over for each nation, by just changing the flag. In my mind, everyone gets one of those for just logging on(given at the end?).

Quiz one would be about food and the reward would be a chef hat, with that same flag in it.

Quiz two can be about history.

Quiz three can be famous people from there or is there.

Quiz four can be famous places.

The place picked should be a lesser known nation, and has one player in game from there. He(She) should be asked to help with the quiz in order to present the nation in the best light. If there was no one in game from the nation, that might be even better as you can start out by getting people to guess what nation it is.

This is just an idea, but if it cannot be done now, maybe it can be used on the next server? After all, it already has flags.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Re: Just to start you talking

Post by WildX »

It's very meta. The holiday events are disguised as being part of the lore. Country flags and facts about real-world countries aren't suited to a MMORPG. Also, speaking of overdone, a hat that's re-used over and over is probably the most overdone concept in TMW.

Also, this is tmwAthena development. I don't see this much work being invested into something like this to be honest.

TMW Team member

Moebird
Peon
Peon

Post by Moebird »

It was in NO WAY a suggestion for change, but a way to start a dialog, as the title says.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Moebird wrote: 16 Jan 2019, 14:56 It was in NO WAY a suggestion for change
Moebird wrote: 16 Jan 2019, 04:14 How about we change [...]
I am confused.

TMW Team member

Moebird
Peon
Peon

Post by Moebird »

WildX wrote: 18 Jan 2019, 01:22
Moebird wrote: 16 Jan 2019, 14:56 It was in NO WAY a suggestion for change
Moebird wrote: 16 Jan 2019, 04:14 How about we change [...]
I am confused.
Sorry, i do that to a lot of people. :oops:

What i posted is bad, i agree, but it is doable. I put it in Player Talk to get people talking about what could be done here. I had hoped to use any comment as a way to get others involved.

I cannot do this now, but if someone had liked it, i would have asked how they would make it better.

If someone didnt like it, i ask them to show me something better.

Would it have worked? Maybe not, but it was something to try.

When you moved it AND posted your comment. That killed any chance of it working.

It also says you knew more about what i wanted, than i did and maybe you do. :(

WildX > Country flags and facts about real-world countries aren't suited to a MMORPG.

Funny, i see "real-world" country flags on the new server. That is what made me think of it.

I do have a new server suggestion though. Knife 3500 does not state what lvl it can be equipped at. I started fresh to see the new things in game. Got knife at lvl 1 and now at 3, i still can not use it. I also get an error message that i am wrong lvl, but it does not say what is the right lvl either.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

I don't think I killed your changes of discussion. This is still a discussion forum. Since it's a conversation about changes to the game I have moved it out of Player Talk which is for in-game and community related discussions. Nothing stops people from discussing this thread here, in the appropriate section.

You see country flags which are a feature of ManaPlus. That's client development which is outside of the game "world" and is always necessarily meta since it's the user interface. Quests or events about real-world countries are much different since they would have to mix with the lore and they simply don't mix well.

I'm happy to see any discussions on these forums. I'm sorry if I made it seem like I was killing the thread, that wasn't my intention. :)

(PM me if you want to talk more about moderation, I don't want to derail the topic)

TMW Team member

Moebird
Peon
Peon

Post by Moebird »

WildX wrote: 18 Jan 2019, 16:10
You see country flags which are a feature of ManaPlus. That's client development which is outside of the game "world" and is always necessarily meta since it's the user interface. Quests or events about real-world countries are much different since they would have to mix with the lore and they simply don't mix well.
Julia lets me change that flag to anything i want. She is a "feature of ManaPlus"? Or is she "outside of the game "world""?
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Some NPCs are necessarily meta in order to give out game rules, introduce settings, etc. That doesn't mean that everything that is developed should become like that, this is still an RPG.

TMW Team member