About Female items

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Leelan
Peon
Peon

About Female items

Post by Leelan »

I just have a few suggestions of possible female items or objects that could be added to the game.

Clothing:
1. Different types of clothes that go with the environment (for example, forest gown, ice dress, desert pancho)
2. Dresses
3. Possible traditional clothing or garments for special events (christmas, easter, mana world events, etc)
4. Possibly more undergarments (tank tops and female boxers )

The Head:
1. Different hair oranments (flowers, hearts, hair-clips, female tiaras, female crowns)
6. Different female hats (sunbonnets, rabbit headband, traditional hats, female fancy hats, silk bandana)
Different jewlery (earings, rings, bracelets, necklaces)

The Body:
1. Female over-tops ( coats, scarfs,bathrobe )
2. Possible tatoos? (Hearts, butterfly, baby leopard)

The Legs:
1. Types of stalkings (already have been suggested) transparent, tight, fishnet, floral designs

The feet:
1. Different types of shoes (high-heel, sneakers, sandals, strap-ons,slippers)

Weapons:
1. Female items (purse, parasol and something poisonous)
2. Boomerangs, burst-bombs, sling-shots

Healing Items:
1. Perfume, lipstick, shampoo (even we have to keep our hair up in a dry climate!)

If anyone would like to add more suggestions to this topic please do!
Last edited by Leelan on 07 Nov 2006, 20:23, edited 3 times in total.
LEG0LAS
Warrior
Warrior

Post by LEG0LAS »

good.
you could use this topic too, if you want. :)

http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?t=1871
LEG0LAS + Bow = 100arrows/s
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

I think some items may be gender specific, but generally I think we should avoid this. We should just have a male and a female graphical version of the same item.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Dr Wahl
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dr Wahl »

on a similar note...

some games that have male and female characters use different items for each, such as a "male cotton shirt" and a "female cotton shirt". so when a monster drops a cotton shirt, it wont always be the cotton shirt you are looking for. i have not seen this discussed yet, but maybe it is something that should be considered.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Dr Wahl wrote:some games that have male and female characters use different items for each, such as a "male cotton shirt" and a "female cotton shirt". so when a monster drops a cotton shirt, it wont always be the cotton shirt you are looking for. i have not seen this discussed yet, but maybe it is something that should be considered.
I think it's a bad idea.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Dr Wahl
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dr Wahl »

I would have to agree with you for the most part, but I was interested in seeing what others had to say about this....
Madcap
Novice
Novice

Post by Madcap »

Why would it be bad to have "some" gender specific stuff? I kinda like the idea!

Dress them girls up perty!!!
Leelan
Peon
Peon

Post by Leelan »

What about girls who want to be abit more feminine? :o I don't see a problem with it, since I am female and that there are really no female items in the game. However, I do understand about the universal items as well, so maybe there can be items that can be made for both genders as well.
Quiche_on_a_leash
Novice
Novice

Post by Quiche_on_a_leash »

It would be kinda stupid to pick up/buy gender specific items, as if you wore them they woundn't fit (not that any one would like to draw clothes that don't fit).
If you can just buy items and they are shown on you as the male/female version then that makes sense. (this is what I gather is happening..)
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Madcap wrote:Why would it be bad to have "some" gender specific stuff? I kinda like the idea!
First of all it's more work then needed. Second, if the items give bonusses (like armor or weapons) and the other gender can't wear 'em then one gender would be in favour, while I don't think your gender should have an effect on gameplay. If we will have one (or more) accessory slots - for items that are merely for a decorative purpose, like an eyepatch or sunglasses - then I think it's ok to have gender specific items, but in that case it will have a very low priority and won't be implemented any time soon. Also it hasn't been decided yet if we will have such slot(s).
Madcap
Novice
Novice

Post by Madcap »

Modanung wrote:
Madcap wrote:Why would it be bad to have "some" gender specific stuff? I kinda like the idea!
First of all it's more work then needed. Second, if the items give bonusses (like armor or weapons) and the other gender can't wear 'em then one gender would be in favour, while I don't think your gender should have an effect on gameplay. If we will have one (or more) accessory slots - for items that are merely for a decorative purpose, like an eyepatch or sunglasses - then I think it's ok to have gender specific items, but in that case it will have a very low priority and won't be implemented any time soon. Also it hasn't been decided yet if we will have such slot(s).
I hear ya on the work aspect. There are priorities.....what if someone like Leelan were to provide the pixel art for it? Is that the bulk of the work?

As far as differences in genders affecting the game, I gotta disagree. Although it is certainly down the road, there should be marked differences IMO.

Maybe that female/male version of the same item is the way to go for now?
Leelan
Peon
Peon

Post by Leelan »

Modanung wrote:
I agree on the part of items that would give bonus to one gender and not the other would be unfair, but than again my list was only a suggestion. Also from what Quiche said, I was kinda thinking of the same thing too about picking up items that would show the male/female version of it, like the "female" version of the cotton shirt that was posted on the forums not too long ago. Also some items that I posted could be for both genders as well, such as coats, boomerangs, slingshots, etc. But whatever is possible and efficient to use or do, please don't hesistate to do so.