Suggestions

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Moebird
Peon
Peon

Suggestions

Post by Moebird »

Wedding Ring (702) https://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php ... ngring.png

Add different colors and new names.
Last edited by WildX on 04 Feb 2019, 15:25, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged 3 similar topics into one
Moebird
Peon
Peon

Suggestion 2

Post by Moebird »

Simple Ring (4014) https://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php ... imple_Ring

Add more colors and new names.
Moebird
Peon
Peon

Suggestion 3

Post by Moebird »

Fluffy Hat (752) https://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php ... Fluffy_Hat

More colors.

This isn't part of the suggestion, but an overlay of the Rainbow flag would be nice too! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_flag
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Re: Suggestions

Post by WildX »

I'm not sure Micksha whether will want to keep the ring icons or make new ones.
Fluffy Hats are one of the few things that don't have a million re-colours, I think it's good to have some hats that are unique and only come in one colour. Items feel less special when they come in every colour IMO.

TMW Team member

Moebird
Peon
Peon

Post by Moebird »

WildX wrote: 04 Feb 2019, 15:28 I'm not sure Micksha whether will want to keep the ring icons or make new ones.
Please read the sticky note. Not everything here is about your new server.
WildX wrote: 04 Feb 2019, 15:28 Fluffy Hats are one of the few things that don't have a million re-colours, I think it's good to have some hats that are unique and only come in one colour. Items feel less special when they come in every colour IMO.
Thanks for your thoughts.

By putting all three together, in one post, you have done what Gumi said not to!

"If you want to change many things please make more polls"
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

None of the three threads you opened were polls. They were all titled "suggestion" and are all very similar so I merged them together.

TMW Team member

Moebird
Peon
Peon

Post by Moebird »

WildX wrote: 06 Feb 2019, 13:27 None of the three threads you opened were polls. They were all titled "suggestion" and are all very similar so I merged them together.
All this is off topic, but since you don't care... Let me teach you how this software works, Very clearly in the instructions it says: "When posting a new topic or editing the first post of a topic, click the “Poll creation” tab below the main posting form" So again, very clearly it says, I can make a poll at anytime, when you don't change what i want to do. NOTHING i did broke any rules or guideline posted, nor was it off topic, and yet you stopped my creating a poll when and if i wanted to.

By your edit, you have stopped my Free Speech. You told me we(people other than you) could have a discussion in this area, but again you killed it by derailing my subjects into an off topic talk. All these were given to me by people in game, when i played, that were AFRAID to to post them. I start to see why now.

with some respect;
moebird
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

He did not remove any of your words, and therefore didn't touch your 'free speech'. He just combined 3 threads, something I also was thinking about of doing that when I saw these 3 topics... However I didn't do it back then cause I lacked the time back then. The 3 threads lacked arguments why you think it is a good idea, they lack example colors and names, they lack sprites/xml-files, etc. They were simply 'bad' threads, making you look like you weren't serious. If you had added all these things we would have taken you more serious.

However that doesn't mean we will add it to the game though, a poll will not change that. A poll just gives us some insight what users think they want. Which is not always what they really want. For example I make a poll that says: "Do you want to win the lottery", everyone will answer "yes". But if I make everyone win the lottery, then no one will like it cause everyone suddenly has lots of money, giving lots of inflation, so that the in the end the people can still buy only things they could buy before...

Thats why we also like to see some arguments why someone thinks it is a good/bad idea. WildX perfectly gave some arguments why we shouldn't add recolors to the game. And I agree with him.

Please also do note that the lack of sprites/xml-files in this thread is not really a problem, if you are willing to make these yourself, but just don't know how to do that. We are willing to explain it and give a few pointers.

We are looking forward to your sprites, and willing to guide you how to make them :wink: . Some pixelart tutorials can be found here: https://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php ... /Tutorials
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Everything EJ said.

I'm closing this thread because it has been derailed. If you have a problem with me you can PM me and that will prevent threads from going off-topic. I've been moderating forums for many years and I do like a neatly organised forum, but I've never been accused of being some kind of anti free speech tyrant. I'm not gonna leave several nearly empty posts up because some day you may decide to turn them into polls. As a person you may have free speech and I'm happy for you if you do, but on a forum you don't get to do whatever you want and invoke free speech as an excuse.

I suggest you grow a tougher skin, forums are maintained by moderators who will move things around if they see it fit. The only thing preventing a friendly atmosphere around here lately has been your attitude. You can take offence at that if you wish or you can treat it as constructive criticism.

TMW Team member