Evol: Androgynous need undershirt, skintone, stuck

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

HaloNott

Evol: Androgynous need undershirt, skintone, stuck

Post by HaloNott »

The androgynous character needs an undershirt or no pants. :?

Also you get kinda stuck to the bed in the beginning...

Unfortunately I don't think I can play till there's an undershirt for androgynous.

Also in this day and age you need diversity in human skin tone you know?
jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Re: Evol: Androgynous need undershirt, skintone, stuck

Post by jesusalva »

I don't understand. rEvolt DO have different skin tones, just use the Race selection slider.

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

HaloNott

Post by HaloNott »

Let's not digress, I want an answer to the issue of a shirt for androgyny.

Also, the skin tones weren't there in new character creation after creating a new account. Anyway, never mind.

Androgynous sprite needs a shirt. Male body isn't synonymous with androgyny. Just copy the same thing that Mana Plus does.
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by gumi »

the problem is that hercules does not support the non-binary gender at all and evol-hercules only half-supports it so map-server has no way to know your gender is non-binary; hopefully this gets fixed soon
HaloNott

Post by HaloNott »

Okay, thanks. :?

Well, till then I suppose. :alt-3:
Edit: Oh and I really did get stuck at the intro. Couldn't get out of bed till about what felt like five minutes and I just spam clicked peeps outside the door. Tried chatting then too but I think the person in the bed next to me was stuck and couldn't chat lol.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

HaloNott wrote: 17 Aug 2019, 13:13 Also in this day and age you need diversity in human skin tone you know?
We did that
https://gitlab.com/evol/evol-all/issues/35

TMW Team member

HaloNott

Post by HaloNott »

You could make a temporary fix for the androgyny body by having males wear undershirts too. :|

Like I said, I mean you can't choose skin colour from the character design window.
jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

HaloNott wrote: 19 Aug 2019, 10:18 Like I said, I mean you can't choose skin colour from the character design window.
Race >> Medium Human.
It might be displayed as Argaes Human at places.

Use Dark Human or Tonori Human too.

Only Light Human (aka. Kaizei Human) is recognized as "Human" for sake of code (it's not unheard of game behaving differently for light humans), but client should recognize the variation.

Sure, two sliders could look better. My sociology professor will also complain that different regions won't create different Races per-se. And it is a bit out of order. But it does the trick, no?

About chat bug: Sounds weird.

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by gumi »

HaloNott wrote: 19 Aug 2019, 10:18 You could make a temporary fix for the androgyny body by having males wear undershirts too.
I have a patch locally to allow the map server to see the 3rd (non-binary) gender but it is still missing a patch for gender change; once I have everything working I'll open a merge request

https://gist.github.com/Helianthella/1d ... c5e3263bc4
HaloNott

Post by HaloNott »

I don't know if it was a chat bug or not since I wasn't there a long enough time I think.

But I do think maybe getting stuck right in the beginning might be something to look into? If the dialogue is how you escape the bed then it should start automatically. It isn't intuitive to click outside the door. :!:

Hurray Gumi! :alt-7: