Crazy idea about levels on main...

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Hello=)
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Crazy idea about levels on main...

Post by Hello=) »

As crazy idea for levels on main... seems due to some bug main server now allows to go beyond 99, a bit like HC. Speaking for myself I've unexpectedly reached 106 (that's for almost billion of XP on top of 99, accumulated for many years - I don't think it a major "game changer"). As crazy idea, maybe this, or something similar can be actually put in place on main?

I do not think it would affect balance really bad (lol, you can't break what isn't here anyway), reaching levels >=90 on HC is "highly unlikely" so this would never get reasonably explored there (I only seen 1 played >90), and it seems I like idea of "level tables" that could keep ppl leveling "almost forever", making game really "endless", like MMORPGs really meant to be. Maybe it could at least somewhat keep ppl around, so they would fight together? I guess it would be nice to hear swords to clash, arrows to swoosh and lightnings to roar one more time - and, realistically, the only alive community I know is that one on "classic". Should this community dissipate, I'm afraid it just not going to re-bootstrap, whatsorver - and it quite close to that point. I eventually find myself the only player on server - and get rather bad feeling about all that when I see it. So I'm in mood to call levels above 99 feature rather than bug. Subject to really expensive "level table" and ensuring it doesn't breaks gameplay completely, of course.
jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Re: Crazy idea about levels on main...

Post by jesusalva »

We (TMW Team) will be doing a post about this (and some other bugs introduced last night) shortly, please stay tunned :wink:
Last edited by jesusalva on 29 Sep 2019, 00:53, edited 1 time in total.

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

Pawneeboy
Novice
Novice

Post by Pawneeboy »

Kinda like it myself, might breathe new life into the server :alt-6:
I'm John H., Tom Foolery, Dresden (not German), King Fisher, Clay, John Frost and Preacher. :alt-6: :alt-7:
Hello=)
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Hello=) »

Seems viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20787 is relevant topic, with poll. So let's see what ppl think about it.
Livio
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Livio »

t3st3r wrote: 28 Sep 2019, 23:54 I guess it would be nice to hear swords to clash, arrows to swoosh and lightnings to roar one more time [...]
Have you ever tried this? http://warworld.noads.biz/