Tentacles

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Micksha
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Tentacles

Post by Micksha »

Hi,
We realized that the game really really lacks tentacles. So I suggest to have two mobs:
One Tentacle coming out of the swamp, and when the player walks into its range, it is doing high damage and it is stealing some random item from the player, and one Tentacle mob which seeks to rule the world:
Tentacle.gif
Tentacle.gif (32.25 KiB) Viewed 2153 times
The Tentacle shall be strong, and once a year (at the Day of the Tentacle), it becomes 5 times stronger and drops a Tentacle costume with 0,01% drop rate, allowing the player to transform into a tentacle.

What do you think :alt-6: ?

Edit: I dont know what you imagine again.. here for reference purposes: https://r.mprd.se/media/images/95794-Da ... Dos)-3.jpg
Last edited by Micksha on 04 Nov 2019, 15:16, edited 1 time in total.
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Tentacles

Post by gumi »

when can we get buttswords?
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

I can see this work really well in some unused woodland cave. Some weird corruption causing tentacle madness to erupt from the soil.

Bonus: Maybe to avoid having to look at the hideous tentacles a band of brave warriors decided to equip their swords onto their backside so they can fight facing away from their enemy? :lol:

TMW Team member

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

WildX wrote: 06 Nov 2019, 13:03 I can see this work really well in some unused woodland cave. Some weird corruption causing tentacle madness to erupt from the soil.

Bonus: Maybe to avoid having to look at the hideous tentacles a band of brave warriors decided to equip their swords onto their backside so they can fight facing away from their enemy? :lol:
Actually, you equip longswords on the back and shortswords at the belt. And you would be wise to carry a dagger under your cloack, for a quick and effective defense.

Ps. Fighting without looking at the enemy is the art of fighting based on sounds only. Such skill would be crucial for assassins, ninjas, anti-assassins, anti-ninjas, and bats. (Bats are blind)

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

Livio
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Livio »

Where those tentacles come from? A big octopus underground? And what if steals my banshee bow?
jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

Micksha wrote: 04 Nov 2019, 13:51 The Tentacle shall be strong, and once a year (at the Day of the Tentacle), it becomes 5 times stronger and drops a Tentacle costume with 0,01% drop rate, allowing the player to transform into a tentacle.

What do you think :alt-6: ?
For the costume is easy:

Code: Select all

addmonsterdrop(Tentacle, PumpkinCostume, 1);
delmonsterdrop(Tentacle, PumpkinCostume);
But unfortunately, you can only change items data at runtime.
You could, for example, make Piou Legs weight a ton before Carnival. But you couldn't make Pious stronger before Carnival.

There are workarounds to this; Some really too troublesome to maintain.
You could use `@loadnpc` in a script runtime to load a rare tentacle spawn during Tentacle Day, but you could not get rid of them.
Unless you add to script runtime an automatic server restart (not advised!!)

Do note that editing multipliers which affects all monsters (like exp rate) is not so difficult.
Also note that there are some useful mapflags which can be modified at runtime (we can even modify a whole map zone during script runtime), like `bexp` which reconfigures map experience, or `noskill` which prevents players from using skills.

You can also reconfigure damage skills deal (adjust_skill_damage), or even reconfigure the whole mapzone:

Code: Select all

mapflag weapon_damage_rate 20
mapflag magic_damage_rate 20
mapflag misc_damage_rate 20
(These need to be in the zone file)

But they apply to everyone, not just to monsters.
Map Zones allow to disable skills for players, disable items, override GM commands (this is how even GM 99 on ML cannot use @recallall and @doom)

Neither of those are what you are looking for. So the best bet would be trying to have someone to code it for you, which I have no idea how difficult would be, or controlling every monster by script.

Which is how Trozz Arena work.

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.