[Legacy] Restore Banshee Bow to 90 damage?

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Restore Banshee Bow to 90 damage?

Poll ended at 04 Feb 2020, 11:06

Yes
33%
No, increase it to 90+15=105
67%

Total votes: 3
Ecuador
Novice
Novice

[Legacy] Restore Banshee Bow to 90 damage?

Post by Ecuador »

This poll is in same format as the previous Banshee poll. In that there were only two options: original damage (90) and nerf damage (90-15=75), majority voted against nerfing it, but then average was taken based on no. of votes for each option, and according to that the damage was nerfed in game. I hope that this time too weighted average is taken and according to that the damage is changed in game.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Re: [Legacy] Restore Banshee Bow to 90 damage?

Post by WildX »

Didn't Jesusalva establish the poll had not passed, meaning the bow would not be nerfed?

Anyway, the previous discussion was about the bow being too powerful. Increasing its damage by 15 seems like a terrible idea IMO. I don't think people will want this, but even if a majority voted for something that completely ruins game balance I don't think devs would want to break the game just because a forum poll asked them to do it.

TMW Team member

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Re: [Legacy] Restore Banshee Bow to 90 damage?

Post by jesusalva »

WildX wrote: 05 Jan 2020, 11:37 Didn't Jesusalva establish the poll had not passed, meaning the bow would not be nerfed?

Anyway, the previous discussion was about the bow being too powerful. Increasing its damage by 15 seems like a terrible idea IMO. I don't think people will want this, but even if a majority voted for something that completely ruins game balance I don't think devs would want to break the game just because a forum poll asked them to do it.
Uh, isn't this poll invalid for not supplying the conservator option? You can't have a poll with only "Change it" options.

Anyway, the previous poll did not pass, although I did nerf the bow in 5 points, which is now the default. I didn't receive any complains with the new value, and the ones saying it is OP seems to be complaining less.

By voting "no", you automatically mean to keep the current value (85). (Conservadorism Rule)

If you want it to be strengthened, you need to add another option (eg. Increase it to 115 damage). Again, you can't have a poll only with "Change it" options.

Protip: Negative is always to keep things as they are, and positive option is always to change.
Unless a developer is doing the poll, which would mean they do plan in changing it, but are testing how community would react to those changes; But even that is discouraged.

Also, please keep in mind I only used the average because no option reached the 69% threshold. If any option had reached this value (after removing socket-puppet votes), that would be the final decision. I said myself, average is discouraged.

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.