restoring health

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

ksso
Novice
Novice

restoring health

Post by ksso »

In Evol the rate of restoring health (sit or stand up) is slower than in legacy, besides when you are killed and you reappear, you do not reappear with half of your health points as legacy, but near zero
in this way is slower and so to play with evol... could this feature be enhanced?

thanks!

Aeuda
Peon
Peon

Re: restoring health

Post by Aeuda »

I just tested it on the test server and I revived with half health? the relevant file to change is server-data/conf/map/battle/player.conf lines 46 and 81. I'm not sure where the heal bonus for sitting is in the code.

jesusalva
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by jesusalva »

Yes, it is so by design, not by a hard-coded rule.

iirc it is set to respawn with 1% HP and the heal ticks are also slow.
Respawning with 1% HP is VERY IMPORTANT, otherwise people will just suicide themselves to heal (well, there is a 1% EXP penalty but... yup)

Jesusalva (aka. Jesusaves)
Donate to the project! ─ (Note: If you want to support me instead, Buy me a coffee!)

Former system administrator, project lead and developer.
Do not contact me regarding The Mana World inquiries.

SpeedDuck
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SpeedDuck »

It is also more realistic, if you think about it. If you're injured near death in real life, you don't regain full health immediately... Makes it more interesting to have to manage HP and not die as much. :o

Join the Duck Side!

SpeedDuck -> dangerDuck -> TinyToes -> Vladimir Putin -> LeggoLass -> Calithildor_Elderon
Aeuda
Peon
Peon

Post by Aeuda »

my 2 cents is that rEvolt should be as close to legacy as is reasonable. 2 cents won't even buy you candy most places nowadays though. . .

WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Aeuda wrote: 24 Jul 2020, 03:40

my 2 cents is that rEvolt should be as close to legacy as is reasonable. 2 cents won't even buy you candy most places nowadays though. . .

There are also Evol elements to consider. We've been trying to go with a "best of both" approach. Evol was designed to be a little harder than TMW in terms of certain mechanics like health regen or even walking speed and map size. It's a slower paced levelling experience. I know slower can immediately sound like "boring", but that's not necessarily the case. Healing items become more meaningful, every new piece of gear becomes very important. That way all rewards actually feel rewarding. At low levels in TMW you'll get a pair of gloves from a slime, equip it, not much changes, you move on. At higher levels you go from a mediocre bow to an ungodly weapon of mass destruction (Banshee) in one single increment.

In short, the mechanics in TMW could see some improvement. What IMO should stay similar is the environments of the places we know from TMW, old NPCs we love and everything that gives people that precious nostalgia factor.

TMW Team member