Monster Spawns

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Amethyst
Novice
Novice

Monster Spawns

Post by Amethyst »

As everyone knows the way to the forest area is very hard to get through, but lately it has gotten a lot harder. For some reason monsters seem to be spawning in more spots that people need to move through to get to the forest, such as snakes and scorpions spawning at the entrance and making it difficult to event get in the forest. Because there is really no way to tell if a scorpion is blocking a person's way into the forest area, why not merge the map with the desert itself, that way it will be somewhat easier to go to the forest.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Monster spawns are always defined for a whole map. So when the maps 1 and 15 would be merged (if it would be possible to merge two maps using tiled) the aggressive monsters would also spawn in the area that is currently map 1.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Is there no limit as to how far a monster can wander relative to its spawn point?

As for merging the maps, if there's interest I could work on making it possible to do this with Tiled of course (in "next year" timeframe).
D2ARCHER
Novice
Novice

Post by D2ARCHER »

i think the monster born in the same local, but they have 99 intelligence...they know how walk!
D2ARCHER
7X Lvl Archer And Counting

D2MAXIMOS
XX Lvl AK Hibrid Stopped at moment ^^
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

D2ARCHER wrote:i think the monster born in the same local, but they have 99 intelligence...they know how walk!
If they are that intelligent, I think we should be able to explain to them that they need to stay within a certain range of their spawn point.
Tarm
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tarm »

Yeah there's a problem with that map. Sometimes there's many monsters at the "green end" and you cannot exit the map.
"I'm selfdestructive baby
But a friendly one" - Spiritual Beggars.