Is 0.0.21.1 no more?

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Amethyst
Novice
Novice

Is 0.0.21.1 no more?

Post by Amethyst »

I tried logging in and I got a message "Disconected from server." just when I logged in. Is 0.0.21.1 not compatable with the server anymore? Because the package for guichan 0.6.0 has broken files in it, including the file that allows it to be compiled. (If you don't belive me try to compile it yourself on Ubuntu 6.10.).
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

The server does not check the version of the client software.

When your tmw version is too old the game usually crashes sooner or later because a file is missing.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Dr Wahl
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dr Wahl »

Crush wrote:The server does not check the version of the client software.
so what does the new "updater" do then?
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

It gives the client a list of data updates it should have. The client should then check if it has these updates and request the missing ones. Then it integrates the updates into the virtual file system.

But the server does not check if the client did this correctly nor does the client ever tell the server which version it is or the server says what version is the most recent one.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Is 0.0.21.1 no more?

Post by i »

sixpointnine wrote:(If you don't belive me try to compile it yourself on Ubuntu 6.10.).
I dont believe u! I compiled it under ubuntu 6.10