Gameplay Suggestions (non-core)

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

zox
Peon
Peon

Gameplay Suggestions (non-core)

Post by zox »

By "non-core" I mean ideas that can be implemented or not independently of the big questions.

1) Injured or irritated monsters attack the nearest PC (rather than target their attacker)
variations,
1a) Irritation is contagious between monsters of the same type on adjacent tiles.
1b) Not in Tulimshar, where new players need to train safely.

Here are some consequences:
Indirect aggression between player characters.
- Limited by the settings players enter into voluntarily.
- Severity depends on the monsters, not the difference between players.
Application.
- Flood suspected botters or pests. They will either run, die, or be so strong that they aren't getting any benefit anyway. There's no XP in being attacked.
- PCs in the same party have to take care of each other and be aware of the consequences. Your fighter can't just go on a rampage without possibly endangering the others.
Amethyst
Novice
Novice

Re: Gameplay Suggestions (non-core)

Post by Amethyst »

- Flood suspected botters or pests. They will either run, die, or be so strong that they aren't getting any benefit anyway. There's no XP in being attacked.

We would need the autoer flagging system that runescape uses.
zox
Peon
Peon

Post by zox »

I don't mean "suspected as dictated by some higher authority", or on some official blacklist.
I mean only as an element of gameplay that players are free to utilise as they wish, and only incidentally, can use as a wake-up call that botters might not handle well.

As an aside - The issue of botting is a much wider one, and it begins not by trying to detect and punish botters, but by ensuring that the main substance of gameplay is something they would rather do themselves than avoid.

Anyway, the idea has been sitting around without comment for 3 days, perhaps it makes no difference to this community.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Maybe our current development status is simply not ready for this idea? Maybe it will be in a few months, if we manage to finish and switch to our own server.

At least, I'm assuming nobody is interested in adding these new gameplay features to server we're currently using, eAthena. Feel free to look at the code, but I'm sure it'll scare you.
zox
Peon
Peon

Post by zox »

Oh, I wasn't nagging for the developers to respond - I know the importance of a legible codebase to any development path - I mainly meant that ordinary players might have something to say about it.

I probably should have put it in Player Talk ... :?