charecter name changing

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

rtoot3
Peon
Peon

charecter name changing

Post by rtoot3 »

my characters name is rtoot3.com. its a good character, but i don't like being a walking advertisement anymore, could you please make it so you can change a characters name.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I think there shouldn't be a way to change your character name. It would be too easy to misbehave until everyone in the game hates you and then change your name and noone would recognize you anymore.
Last edited by Crush on 11 Mar 2007, 18:54, edited 1 time in total.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
rtoot3
Peon
Peon

name changing

Post by rtoot3 »

thats a really good point, but people can still do that with different characters cant they? :? plus, if your concerned about people causing mischief, why not make a reporting system. someone reports someone, you look at the conversation, and if they did something bad, you could delete the character or something.
Beanymoose7
Peon
Peon

me too

Post by Beanymoose7 »

you should make it so you can change a charecters name, im also tired of my name. and like rtoot said, why not make a reporting system. :?
zend
Peon
Peon

name changing

Post by zend »

i like my name the way it is, but that deos seem like a feature the game should have(no offence), my friend and brother both want to change their names but cant without making a new charecter(they would make a new charecter, but they dont want to start over with their stats so high). and you could make a reporting system for reporting the people who are making mischief and such.
sincerly your contionce with friends :D
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Currently to change your name, we have to stop the server. Anyway, maybe in the future, on a new server, there could be some admin commands to do that.

Regards.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

I totally agree with Crush. You shouldn't be able to change your name.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
rtoot3
Peon
Peon

:(

Post by rtoot3 »

:cry: dang. i really, really, hate being a walking advertisement :cry:
beware the power of teh chicken. ~:>

Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: :(

Post by Modanung »

rtoot3 wrote::cry: dang. i really, really, hate being a walking advertisement :cry:
Then why pick a name like that? I think this is a very good example why we shouldn't allow name changes. You could change it into the name of a different website now and then. The name of you character should be well thought about and kept with that character.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

I also think name changes shouldn't be allowed. What we can change, is to make sure to warn people about this when they choose their name.

Though of course administrators should be able to do it.