NPC money

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Dr Wahl
Warrior
Warrior

NPC money

Post by Dr Wahl »

I have played many games where there are "fees" for sending mail/special purchases/auction house/etc. and have always thought it would be cool if the world benefited from the money that is payed into these things. Similar to how we pay taxes and we get (supposedly) better road (for example). I have not fully developed this plan yet, but I thought I would bring it up to the community.
Dr Wahl
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dr Wahl »

Upon further research, I have stumbled across The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Oblivion implements NPC wallets. The NPC has only so much money, but the more you buy from them, the more money they have. It seems to work well in a single player environment, so I wonder how it would work in an MMO environment. I guess it depends on how the NPCs will be used. World of Warcraft tends to have NPCs just for quests and to sell to, but there is very little purchasing from NPCs. This will have to be considered, and probably fairly soon.
zick
Novice
Novice

Post by zick »

i like this idea and second it ... like that means anything :)