LOST!!! GMH@Rzza

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Guichan can recolor bitmap fonts at runtime to some extent.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
KaTSuo
Novice
Novice

Post by KaTSuo »

Bjorn wrote:About EvoL Online, I think it would be really preferable if it would be just another server you could connect to, instead of having to download their client. It would be good to discuss with them any changes necessary to the client to make this possible.
Crush wrote:As far as i can tell the only changes at the EvoL binary are the strings that have been translated to french. I don't understand either why evol uses its own updater instead of just delivering all the content through the update system of tmw.
You have to download the EvoL client because I've changed little things in source code, like translating in french as you noticed. But there is also few modifications in order to add some functions like general chat (using the "announcement"), GM announcement in a textbox, limit in using objects (you have to wait 10 seconds until you can use an another potion...), solving the "bow cheat" (even if you walk, you can't shoot until you've wait 6 seconds)... By the way, as I'm not so skilled in C++ dev so it's a kind of "do-it-yourself"...

About the updater, I had some troubles with your updater in the 0.0.22 and haven't really understood how it works... So I've disabled it and picked up an another open source updater. The problem is that it requires .NET Frameworks but this program is really helpfull and I like the way it works... He just replace your updated files in your game directory.

Finaly, we aren't using the same tiles... We are using RMXP tiles because there is a lot more choice and it corresponds to what we want...

I've already thought about an english version of EvoL (client and quests) with 2 different servers : french and english. But first we have to "finish" our game and, more than all, waiting for the new TMWserv ;).
I'm French, sorry for my bad english XD !
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

KaTSuo wrote:[...] limit in using objects (you have to wait 10 seconds until you can use an another potion...), solving the "bow cheat" (even if you walk, you can't shoot until you've wait 6 seconds)...
Restricting the posibilities of the user client-sided is quite dangerous. It is very easy for the user to hack this restriction away. Especially in an open source application.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
KaTSuo
Novice
Novice

Post by KaTSuo »

Crush wrote:
KaTSuo wrote:[...] limit in using objects (you have to wait 10 seconds until you can use an another potion...), solving the "bow cheat" (even if you walk, you can't shoot until you've wait 6 seconds)...
Restricting the posibilities of the user client-sided is quite dangerous. It is very easy for the user to hack this restriction away. Especially in an open source application.
Yes I know it. That's why I said it's "do-it-yourself" lol. At this point, my community is composed by young people so I don't think they are skilled in developping. Anyway, it's not a problem right now. Those client-side features will be port on TMWserv when it'll be released.
I'm French, sorry for my bad english XD !