lil suggestion for entertaining ppls who get to high level

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Hannie
Peon
Peon

lil suggestion for entertaining ppls who get to high level

Post by Hannie »

I saw post about new monsters that said it is lots work. perhaps though lil compromise could be made. there is map to east of first town that isn't reallly used atm. perhaps could temporarily make training place for stronger people by making strong monsters there...mushroom, spider, snake. is possible?

tks for reading

Hannie
blueberry
Novice
Novice

Post by blueberry »

Hey Hannie!

I think your suggestion has been made already.

Theres no use for this, because this is only a test server for the Graphics at the moment and after the server changes to their own TMW-Server all accounts will be DELETED anyway.

cheerz Blue
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

"DELETED" is not really the correct description for what will happen with the old accounts after the release of TMWServ. "Not converted" does fit better.

Regarding the intention of the first post: all monsters need a big rebalancing anyway. Personally I would like to see when a task-force of experienced players would be formed (as hardcore players usually know better how the game works than the developers) to rework all monster stats and distributions and propose a changed mob_db.txt to our server admin Platyna.

Unfortunately this is quite unlikely to happen because the TMW user base is rather unorganized (judging from the dozens of failed attempts to establish fansites). Quite sad when you consider that TMW is a project where player organisation could really have an impact on the development as the line between developers and users is almost nonexistent.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Hannie
Peon
Peon

Post by Hannie »

tks...didn't know this. sad that i lose my character though. cant just reset stats and leave character level? guess trying to transfer chars would be lots work. i like my char tho...she's super. :(
Chaos Ranger
Novice
Novice

Post by Chaos Ranger »

will characters names be "converted"?
oh ya, increase snake spawn x10 in eastern desert. thank you
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Crush wrote:"DELETED" is not really the correct description for what will happen with the old accounts after the release of TMWServ. "Not converted" does fit better.
Are you trying to implement here some kind of political correctness? ;)
Crush wrote: Regarding the intention of the first post: all monsters need a big rebalancing anyway.
Personally I would like to see when a task-force of experienced players would be formed (as hardcore players usually know better how the game works than the developers) to rework all monster stats and distributions and propose a changed mob_db.txt to our server admin Platyna.
Well, I have not much hope that high level players may have unbiased opinion here. We need here pure mathematics to define growth line for monsters stats. If anyone is interested in giving it some thought, he may review the mob_db.txt for available options and post a suggestion, same goes for other parts of the game system, (suggestions like X should be stronger will be ignored).
Crush wrote: Unfortunately this is quite unlikely to happen because the TMW user base is rather unorganized (judging from the dozens of failed attempts to establish fansites). Quite sad when you consider that TMW is a project where player organisation could really have an impact on the development as the line between developers and users is almost nonexistent.
I think we are organized better than similar projects (and I have been participating in a few), of course there are things that could be improved, but in a project like this we have not many options, since we can't force people to work in the Borg efficient way, like it is done in the commercial projects, because people participating here are searching for freedom and pleasure not for order and discipline along with doing not-so-intersting-but-required tasks. Good example here, Crush, is when the people, including the admin and a content manager, disliked your sitting pose, and you are not so eager anymore to comply with the "comitee" and change it, therefore this part of development has been frozen again, in the project done in taken-from-the-project-management-manual way it would be something inadmissible.

And about fansites, their failure is rather caused by their creators' enthusiasm quickly burning out, anyway fansites are not for us to control.

The meritum: If someone has *concrete* propositions, he may post them in here and I am available for help concerning the implementation of these propositions in eathena files, I may even prepare these files, but till this day only Crush has come with the concrete suggestions, he even went farther by creating the files for the server, and only asked me to correct mistakes. We generally need the people with serious knowledge about RPG systems development (economy, relations between particular parts of the system etc.).

Suggestions like "oh ya, increase snake spawn x10 in eastern desert" are useless at all. Did you ever gave it some thought? Or the only motive were that you could kill hell alot of snakes in alot shorter time. There is no point to bother to post such things here.

Regards.