Flood protection

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Quiche_on_a_leash
Novice
Novice

Flood protection

Post by Quiche_on_a_leash »

Hi,

I've just been discussing this in game with a few people and it's seems like a good idea.

Many players seem to enjoy going around spamming rubbish which for all the other players around is quite annoying especially when you're trying to have a conversation with other people.
The more juvenile players enjoy the attention this brings them when asked to refrain from spamming and spam even more.

To prevent this a system could be implement that stops players saying the same thing more than once in a given amount of time and also stops players from saying more than a given amount of messages in a defined period of time.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

That's a feature we will surely add to tmwserv.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Flood protection

Post by Crush »

Some kind of anti-spam system would be quite useful. Especially because massive spamming in crowded areas can create a huge server load. Sending 10 lines per second with a length of 100 byte each to 20 people = 20 kb/s upstream.
Quiche_on_a_leash wrote:To prevent this a system could be implement that stops players saying the same thing more than once in a given amount of time and also stops players from saying more than a given amount of messages in a defined period of time.
Could you please be a bit more specific about how the rules should be?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.