suggestion (class and euipment)

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Len
Knight
Knight

suggestion (class and euipment)

Post by Len »

Just a suggestion, adopt a class system, use highly stylized playersets, and treat equipment as a abstract. a lot of games do this such as trickster online and RO (except for head gear)
Last edited by Len on 18 Sep 2007, 11:32, edited 1 time in total.
Pixel Battalion
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

No, there won't be any classes or jobs on the new server. We are going for a system without any distinctive classes. You will be able to train every skill in the game but your attributes and equipment will determine what you are good at.

So when you want to be a mage you raise your willpower and intelligence and train your magic skills. When you want to learn how to use a sword you can just equip one and whack some enemies, but without any strength you won't be very good at it. We believe that this way the players will develope some character archetypes that feel like classes without a real class system.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

Crush wrote:No, there won't be any classes or jobs on the new server. We are going for a system without any distinctive classes. You will be able to train every skill in the game but your attributes and equipment will determine what you are good at.

So when you want to be a mage you raise your willpower and intelligence and train your magic skills. When you want to learn how to use a sword you can just equip one and whack some enemies, but without any strength you won't be very good at it. We believe that this way the players will develope some character archetypes that feel like classes without a real class system.
sounds like Runescape

I still believe a lot of time can be saved by treating equipment as an abstract.
Pixel Battalion
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

sounds like Runescape
Yes, but contrary to Runescape the way we will do it it will be fun ;)
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

Crush wrote:
sounds like Runescape
Yes, but contrary to Runescape the way we will do it it will be fun ;)
:D Nice one!
Pixel Battalion
dslegends
Peon
Peon

Post by dslegends »

Crush wrote:No, there won't be any classes or jobs on the new server. We are going for a system without any distinctive classes. You will be able to train every skill in the game but your attributes and equipment will determine what you are good at.

I think that this way will be way more successful comapred to runescape. I love this style of play gives you time to experiment with all different skills and abilities!
Kyle
Novice
Novice

Post by Kyle »

I have to agree with Crush on this one. The points system is fun and all but sometimes i just want to get up close and personal when I kill stuff :x :twisted: :D , and with 5 str it's not very fun :cry: . I like the idea of being able to train specific skills (but trying to stay away of what runescape has turned into :lol: ). I think if you apply this system it would be able to add more to the game play , but the developers are going to have to be careful with it.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Use a meaningful subject for the topic title! :evil:

Regards.
Last edited by Platyna on 18 Sep 2007, 18:17, edited 1 time in total.
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

Platyna wrote:Use a meaningful subject for the topic title! :evil:

Regards.
Sorry! :wink:
Pixel Battalion