Map cache system

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

sir_lance
Peon
Peon

Map cache system

Post by sir_lance »

Some times the internet conexion or the server is slow and the maps take too long for loading. This can be very annoying cause we have to wait... specialy here when all the black scorpions come to kill me.
You should make a chache system for the maps, so if the map has not changed, use the map stored in the client...
Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

The maps are always stored "in the client", so to speak... It had happened to me too, it just that the connection lags and the server doesn't know if you are going to cross from a map to another. I don't know why is this, maybe the server connection is perfect and the lag is somewhere else in the server...
Bottom line: a cache won't have any effect as the maps aren't fetched from the server.
Lv.: Maggot
Please, read the FAQ before posting.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

It's not the loading of the map that is delayed by lag - it is the signal from the server to change the map that is sent as soon as the server notices that your character is standing in a portal area.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.