A Couple of Issues

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Holy
Novice
Novice

A Couple of Issues

Post by Holy »

I know that this is my first post and I may not be a liberty to say this since I'm so new, but I believe that there are a couple of things that need some looking over.

One
- The prices for things the NPC's are selling is pretty high. I cannot even get enough money to buy a dagger from Neko (he's located right where you spawn out at the start or when you die). I may just be a "noob" or something considering that there are probably people out their with millions.

Two
- The percentage for drops of some of the weaker creatures seems to need a bit of "up" tweaking. You'd think a maggot (the easiest creature in the game to beat) would drop a bit more of things.

Three
- (Something you're probably already working on) The NPC's should have some human like characteristics. Like being able to walk or move around in a certain path or randomized path in a certain area or something along those lines. Also there should probably be more NPC's.

Those are really the only things I seem to think could be better right now at this stage of the game. I'm sorry again if I am too new to make these comments. :)
Arenlor
Peon
Peon

Re: A Couple of Issues

Post by Arenlor »

Holy wrote:I know that this is my first post and I may not be a liberty to say this since I'm so new, but I believe that there are a couple of things that need some looking over.

One
- The prices for things the NPC's are selling is pretty high. I cannot even get enough money to buy a dagger from Neko (he's located right where you spawn out at the start or when you die). I may just be a "noob" or something considering that there are probably people out their with millions.
I do agree it does take a while, but I think that's part of the fun, and all the NPCs have equally high prices, but go to the very right and find the guy who wants 30 bug legs and get him them, you get a nice reward that may help you, it helped me.
Holy wrote:Two
- The percentage for drops of some of the weaker creatures seems to need a bit of "up" tweaking. You'd think a maggot (the easiest creature in the game to beat) would drop a bit more of things.
I do agree, but it's not just with some of the weaker ones, it's all of the creatures, you rarely get anything which 20% drops, but I totally agree here, it's a little bit of a pain to get some items which seem rather basic.
Holy wrote:Three
- (Something you're probably already working on) The NPC's should have some human like characteristics. Like being able to walk or move around in a certain path or randomized path in a certain area or something along those lines. Also there should probably be more NPC's.
There are a lot more NPCs planned, and have you been to all the different towns yet and to the caves etc? Walking around is annoying, then you'd have to hunt the NPC to talk with them.
Holy wrote:Those are really the only things I seem to think could be better right now at this stage of the game. I'm sorry again if I am too new to make these comments. :)
You're never too new to make a suggestion, if these are things you noticed right away then they need said, how many people may have left because of these things? Though the game is still only in Alpha, if that.
~~~~
Feel free to contact me.
Holy
Novice
Novice

Post by Holy »

Okay. Glad some people read my input. Thanks Arenlor. :D