PvP - Player vs. Player

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

maci
Knight
Knight

PvP - Player vs. Player

Post by maci »

we should have battle arenas in every town where players can bet (money + items +whatever thy own) and fight each others..
maybe the publicum could bet too.... (money)
ElvenProgrammer wrote:Maci: don't be rude, we're here to help people ;)
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Yeah I like the idea of battle arenas. It doesn't have to be only PvP though, I'd imagine you can have battles between monsters and players too.

And it could indeed be fun if you could just watch the show. At least like watch your friend fight a group of imps when you have bet he couldn't beat them. :-)
maci
Knight
Knight

Post by maci »

yeah this was exactly my thought .. well
even players which need money can place bets there and fight
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

So you don't think to enable PvP also outside arenas?
maci
Knight
Knight

Post by maci »

well i am not sure about that..

maybe PvP outside for wars
but i guess if some players want to fight each other they will preffer the battle arena well.. they can get money..
Talaroc
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Talaroc »

I'll just reiterate my concern with PvP as stated in another thread...unless you put firm restrictions on it, you will have a lot of newbie predators. i've seen it happen in other games (particularly in MUDs, for some reason) where it was allowed, and it really drops the overall character of the game to almost nil.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Well when I was playing Ultima Online there was no problem with player killers, they're part of the game, I was killed by them many times, it gives so much entertainment in my opinion, is like real life where you can meet people stronger than you I think :wink:
maci
Knight
Knight

Post by maci »

hmm
i agree with you elven.
well we want to make a whole world with its rules so well players can kill each other even if the others lvl is low .. i think from this point of view its very ok.
well there will be some kinda noob-killer. but in a world there are ways (even for newbies) to handle with this. maybe some kinda protection service that other players offer to get some money... well this would even make it possible to have a madia in tmw .. well but .. its fun
i guess the world is big enough for newbies not to get killed and have life a normal virtual life :D
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Maybe we can disable pvp in special zones (noob friendly) such as a sacred forest where noobs can level up, as well as in cities protected by guards. If you are a so stupid noob to go in other dangerous places before you're enough strong than its pretty fair to be killed by someone
Argh
Peon
Peon

Post by Argh »

maybe some kinda protection service that other players offer to get some money
I like that idea very much :lol:
Will there be some kind of reputation-points? Then you could get points for protecting noob-players and so on...
imorgado
Novice
Novice

PKs

Post by imorgado »

Again talking about my UO server. (I was an UO GM)

In my server pk it's allowed but.. here goes the problems and solution

Being pk it's easy. Different than our real life, there is no julgament, guilty, prision, dead. Being dead isn't the worse problem.

In game I have safe areas (town), with walking guards (not those magic like guards that apear and kill even an Ancient Drake with just on slash). Those guards have stats and they die (and they have respawn time).

If pks did a simultaneous attack they could take an city for undeterminated time. When these happens, stores are not replenished, (some thing as doors closed), but PKs could steal just talking with npcs and getting everything for free). This is the good part

But here is the bad new. There is no death in game. The worse thing to do is (cut down atributes and skills), every player that was dead in (RED) condition lose some atribuite and skill. And stay in prision for 30 minuts of in game time (didn't solve logoff and back in 30 minuts).

RED status goes away, but it recieve one token (permared), something as your criminal background. Counting 10 you're permanently RED (yes youre fammed as criminal), then your head is at price (you cannod be killed by another red character).

RED character cannot came in towns, the guards chasse them. And put them in prision.

Killing a red player it's allowed, and rewarded (the prize it's fixed in how many permared counts he have).

Red players cannot buy or sell in npcs inside towns. but they can kill normal players in a caravan between cities to take food, money, itens and everything else.

In my server we have a city mayor. But this is another tale ;-)
imorgado
Novice
Novice

Pksss

Post by imorgado »

We should support pvp everytime, cause it's really annoyng those pesky players walking behind you, asking stupid things, taking you loot. And you cannot do any thing.

In RO I will be very happy if I could say:

Gotta away or I will kill you right now.
maci
Knight
Knight

Post by maci »

well i dun like the idea permanently marking ppl as someone/something.

hmm
We should support pvp everytime,
i agree .. even with that everytime.. but i wouldnt agree with everywhere ;)
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

You become a criminal by dieing? That's crazy.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Since I feel that the game should be war oriented, PVP will be a large part of the gameplay on the long run (that's if my opinion counts).
Killing your own comerades should be punishable, and killing your enemies should be rewarded.