What type of trading system to implement?

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Which do you prefer?

Current (Player to Player)
14%
Auction (Database full of items users have posted)
32%
Stalls (Players create their own mobile stores)
36%
Other (Suggestions)
18%

Total votes: 28
twilight
Peon
Peon

Post by twilight »

I like the Stalls idea, but I also like the Auction House idea. :?
Maybe we could have both?

If we have stalls then we need a marketplace map. Like "Barter Square" in Deicide Online. If was accessable through the warehouse NPC of any town. You talk to the warehouse NPC and click on "Trade Map" and you instantly are teleported to "Barter Square". We would need something along those lines.

If we have an Auction house then we need each town/village to have a Auction House NPC of its own.
This way, if you need to go train and level, but you want your items to sell, you can do both without worry. And no matter where you are there's always somewhere nearby that has the Auction House.
Once an item is put in the Auction House it is taken out of the character's inventory and placed in the Auction House listings.
The listings would be organized by item name.
So when people access the Auction House they choose the item they are looking for, then they look at the listings from other players.

-Auction House
-------Short Sword
----------Listing #1
----------Listing #2
----------Listing #3
-------Green Present
----------Listing #1
----------Listing #2
-------Forest Bow
----------Listing #1
----------Listing #2
----------Listing #3
----------Listing #4

Something like that. Just without the hyphens. It would be like when you choose to "Explore" a folder in Windows and it gives you a folder tree. The idea I'm going after is the folder tree.

EDIT: Ah, the power of spellcheck. lol
Characters:
Twilight - Main
lvl 5x Hybrid Close/Range
Geshtar - Alt
lvl 3x Pure Range
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Note that several trading mechanisms that can live in parallel have already been described in the dynamic economy article: http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/ ... omy_system

I've added the link to this article from the Trade one.