Death penalty ...

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Post by yosuhara »

I'm 100% against the dying forever idea...labyrinth would be sufficient punishment i think... however I like the damage over time for items thing
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Equipment decay is an important feature to keep the crafting economy running. When items don't decay it won't take long until all regular players have all the crafted equipment they need and then it becomes unnecessary to craft any more. I've seen this happen in a lot of MMORPGs. In order to keep crafting characters busy it is necessary to make sure that all characters need new equipment from time to time.

But this is a different topic.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Crush wrote:But this is a different topic.
It isn't necessarily off topic. If death adds decay to all of your items that can decay (say like 10% decay), it would add another incentive to stay alive longer.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

That would look ripped off from world of warcraft.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Post by yosuhara »

i say, why we can't rip what's good :D
we don't necessarily have to reinvent the wheel :)
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

If items decay when you get beaten up I don't think it's necessary to make items decay even more when you die because they've already received quite a beating before that.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io