ACHERS IT"S UNFAIR!

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Re: ACHERS IT"S UNFAIR!

Post by Jaxad0127 »

originaljustin wrote:I noticed that when I started up a TMW server the bow didn't have extremely fast attack speed when I attacked a monster. What's up with that?
That's a bug in eAthena.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

What eAthena version did you use? The one linked to somewhere in this forum? When this is the case it seems like you accidently found a fix for our favorite bug, somehow.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
originaljustin
Novice
Novice

Post by originaljustin »

I got it from here http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?t=1909 I think you are thinking about something else though.
Last edited by originaljustin on 13 Mar 2008, 23:22, edited 1 time in total.
Long Shot
Grim Reaper
Black Don
Knight
Knight

Post by Black Don »

Platyna wrote:If you want to post suggestions how do future archers system should look like then do so, otherwise this discussion has no sense, since we are intelligent enought to already figure out that ability to shoot arrows like from a GAU-8 Avenger is unfair and evil.
GAU-8 Avenger, LOL

Just for fun I found some video of a test firing of one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiCWrL6VjsY

Reminds me of lvling in the snake pit.

Good times :)
"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing, but too much of an awesome thing is, um, really really dumb. And bad." Strong Bad
redwolf
Peon
Peon

Post by redwolf »

back on topic, you heard what he said, bows haven't even been implemented in tmwserv. i think that, once they DO get inserted, dimond actually has a valid point. we'll need to make archers harder to become to balance things out.

...and i AM an archer, bot in game an irl, just in case anyone has that "you don't know personally" argument.
I am the RESTER
Come to take away your PAIN
I am an EQUALIZER
I am here to make it rain BLOOD
upon the justice unfulfilled
i give life
and i take it away
I AM THE ONE.
Dimond
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dimond »

yeah...
Actually I don't really care anymore about archers.
I mean it was so long since I wrote the forum I completely forgot I wrote it.
But carry on lol. :lol:
Elite
Peon
Peon

Post by Elite »

The Reason Archers r so good, is cause their main focus is DEX, and DEX for archers gives 1 dmg per point, and they have good bonus's

Most other types of people, have to focus on alot of other attributes while Archers mainly just focus on one.
Meat Eater.
Red Lord
Novice
Novice

Post by Red Lord »

The reason I think Archers are better is that they often have to replace ammo they have used in battle while warriors never have to go buy new equipment.
Formerly Blacklord
sirad
Peon
Peon

Post by sirad »

the reason why archers are so successful is because they have standoff distance in there advantage. The armies of the world use this to there advantage also, its all about maximum effective range. Ex. an enemy tank can fire its main round a distance of 2000 meters and effectively kill your tank. you build a tank with a maximum effective range of 2500 meters and win the battle.
For TMW have monsters that have a attack ranges the same as the bows . This would require the archer to have stat points in vitality and agility not just dex.

Hopefully when the developers move to the tmwserver they will treat bows as accessories to a player not as the main weapon. I would also like to see quick weapon changes as a possibility.
5t3v3
Warrior
Warrior

Post by 5t3v3 »

Another possibility is to give warriors an attack bonus from dexterity to, or drop the attack bonus that is currently given to archers from dex so that they have to use str to raise their damage.
In game characters: "5t3v3" and "L "
Vink
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Vink »

I don't think this is a problem now that the fast attack bug has been fixed. As has been mentioned, arrows are expensive, and the attack is much faster with a sword than with a bow.
Booth
Knight
Knight

Post by Booth »

yes agility works alot better with a sword than it does with a bow for sure
"Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken."
"I believe that sex is a beautiful thing between two people. Between five, it's fantastic."