ACHERS IT"S UNFAIR!

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Dimond
Warrior
Warrior

ACHERS IT"S UNFAIR!

Post by Dimond »

Hi

I have question
why do archers have this power and strength that is unfair to warroirs!
TALK!
I want a game that doesn't let archers be like that!
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

I believe its because the programmers don't wish to work on game play mechanics which are just going to be thrown away when the new server is finished (although in real life I'll take a bow over a sword any day)
Pixel Battalion
zick
Novice
Novice

Post by zick »

Have you ever actually handled a bow & arrow? It's not as easy as games make it out to be ... It'd be interesting if they could replicate that effect on the new server.
Dimond
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dimond »

well err...
i didn't think about that...
i mean i did and it's very hard to use err....
without practice :oops:
Cosmostrator
Novice
Novice

Post by Cosmostrator »

I've used one. I actually took a couple of archery classes in college. Once you learn the basics of how to use a bow it isn't that difficult.
If I were fighting in a battle I'd chose a bow and arrows over a sword. In real life you don't have HP and apples don't heal you from getting hit by a sword.
-Cosmostrator
Holy
Novice
Novice

Post by Holy »

This game was not suppose to be exactly lifelike, but I do agree with you Dimond that archers do have a bit of an advantage. One major drawback to being an archer is that they have really low health and arrows do cost a somewhat large sum of gold each time you restock your arrow supply. Remember that TMW is still in the development stage so everything can be worked out later on.
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

Archers have too much attack power, strength, too fast rate of fire, etc.. because we currently use eAthena server and protocol which doesn't allow to control rate of fire (in archers case) on server side. Things might change when we migrate to tmwserv.

Anyway, it isn't unfair. It's just not quite finished. It would be unfair if the same situation would exist on tmwserv.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Until now bows aren't implemented at all on TMWServ. It isn't even conceptualized yet how they work and how they are controlled.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
leeor_net
Novice
Novice

Post by leeor_net »

I think what a lot of people are forgetting is that TMW isn't a finished game. It still needs a lot of work and a lot of development. The fact that you can play the game at all is a gift to you from the TMW team. Demanding changes is unreasonable at this time, especially by commanding the developers to cater to your specific needs.

That said, I'm impressed at what they've been able to do with the [limited] software that is eAthena. I've given up playing the public game for now because whatever I do in it now ultimately isn't going to matter.

That's another thing you might want to consider -- you're helping the developers test the game. Whatever progress you make won't do you much good once tmwserve comes out of alpha and goes beta... ;)
- Leeor

"Oh, no thanks. I ate a boulder on the way in." - Shrek
Shaddow
Peon
Peon

Post by Shaddow »

that dude just a h8ter 'cause he know archers own.
=d w/e... go play with matches or somethin
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

Shaddow wrote:that dude just a h8ter 'cause he know archers own.
Not as much as magic users :lol: This is a joke I'm aware that magic hasn't been implemented yet
Pixel Battalion
Rivix
Peon
Peon

Post by Rivix »

actually leeor, i think some people don't realize this game has a long way to go, but most do. I personally don't see these threads as complaints as much as a guide. By posting something that seems obvious (archer being broken) may not be so obvious to the developers, therefore they can go in and fix it for the new server so that the game is more balanced. If anyone has any complaints about TMW so far, they should speak their mind (as long as they search the forums to make sure their topic hasn't already been covered). The worst thats going to come out of it is a reply that says we know and we are working on it/will be fixed with new server.

Also i agree, TMW developers have done WONDERS with what they've had to work with so far. And i'm very pleased to be able to play their creation so early in development. I loved playing graal when it was early in development, then they got greedy and started charging to play so screw them :P
Character: Rivix
Level: 30
bankai
Novice
Novice

Post by bankai »

Shaddow wrote:that dude just a h8ter 'cause he know archers own.
very well said i like u already even tho i dont no u at all
WOOHOOOOOOOO
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: ACHERS IT"S UNFAIR!

Post by Platyna »

Actually people just can't realize, we don't care about balancing eAthena server, since it is technicaly impossible (money duping bugs etc.). Elven, Bjorn, me and later Crush did everything what is possible to make it at least "playable".

If you want to post suggestions how do future archers system should look like then do so, otherwise this discussion has no sense, since we are intelligent enought to already figure out that ability to shoot arrows like from a GAU-8 Avenger is unfair and evil.

Regards.
originaljustin
Novice
Novice

Re: ACHERS IT"S UNFAIR!

Post by originaljustin »

I noticed that when I started up a TMW server the bow didn't have extremely fast attack speed when I attacked a monster. What's up with that?
Long Shot
Grim Reaper