Annoucement! Equipment System Frame Up!

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

I don't see how mounts are a rip-off from WoW, I mean I think I could sit on a horse way back in Arena: The Elder Scrolls Chapter I, or at least in Daggerfall, chapter II.

Still, I do think they're superfluous and create too much extra work.
imorgado
Novice
Novice

Post by imorgado »

What we do in mounts in a real world?

Move faster.
Mounted combat
Flee faster.
Go from one place to another in less time
Talaroc
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Talaroc »

As you've written it here, the only benefit of mounts over the amulet system is the possibility of mounted combat. Which is something that, if a lot of other people really want it, I suppose I could make sprites for, but I kind of don't want to, as I don't see a whole lot of benefit.
imorgado
Novice
Novice

Post by imorgado »

Amulet system? I didn't see about it.
Talaroc
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Talaroc »

Re-read this thread. It's described in the third post on the first page.
WakkaCraft
Peon
Peon

Post by WakkaCraft »

Some games do mounted combat, others don't. In RO, being mounted meant you did perfect damage (the size of the monster didn't affect your damage). Although I believe this has been changed to be spear weapons only. In WoW, mounted combat is impossible, and if dazed while mounted, you will be unmounted, something I shall note as being extremely annoying.

Either way, we have a chance here to not only be unique, but save our artists work. Yay for double-bonuses!
"No! that is very wrong! Cling to your pathetic fable of fluid exchange!"

All the answers to your questions about life can be found in the book of Mark, chapter 17. Go ahead. Look it up.
HaLLanHype
Novice
Novice

Post by HaLLanHype »

if this is on topic I think all equipment should be viewable... it will be more work but will be better in the end and draw some more people in

I know if im playing a game and nothing is viewable thats a downside for me.
Aacheron
Peon
Peon

Post by Aacheron »

I'm for the amulet-system proposed; maybe make the amulet a quest-item, and the quest rather hard (not impossible), maybe even requiring teaming-up (in which case everyone involved of sufficiently high level would get one). I know teaming-up isn't implemented, but whatever. Point being, make it rewarding so that players can brag about it.

WoW has the mounts cost a fortune and what not, and some people frantically scrounge together every single silver piece just to get to parade around with a mount - the hunt is at least as rewarding as the prey. I don't play WoW nor do I know anyone who does, but I've read discussions on (civilised) message boards...

One minor detail; if 150% uses sprint animation for walking, it should use the proposed "levitation" whatnot for sprinting, and 200% could use some super-barmy zip-thing for sprinting (glowing outlines? hehehe...), as it's got the "levitating" one for walking...

Just if it's not too much work, as people could feel a slight twinge of pride parading around with their greased-lightnings-for-characters, hehe.